Panamera PDK Transmission Replacement with used

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 09:42 AM
samir12k
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Panamera PDK Transmission Replacement with used

Hello all,

I have a 2011 Panamera Base with 130k miles on it. unfortunately the worst happened and it had a transcooler line that sprung a leak (due to a broken transcooler mount) and drained the transmission and I didnt get a warning until it was too late and stuck in gear by the time I pulled over. (Stuck in 6th).

It is at a shop at the moment and they are saying that the transcooler mount needs to be repaired, transcooler needs to be replaced and lines need to be replaced (About $2500 in so far) and then after that they will be able to determine if the transmission is a goner. (I have bit the bullet on this)

The fault codes I scanned were:
P17D9 - Hydraulic Gear Selection System Fault
UD456 - Check air Conditioner operator control unit (Maybe unrelated)
P0846 - Pressure Sensor 2 (Clutch 2) Signal Implausible
P17B8 - Clutch 2 Slips with high differenital speed
P1F770 - Dual Clutch Tranmission above upper limit
U0418 - Check PSM control unit fault memory content

My questions are this
1) Does anyone know if it's a goner (I've been patiently waiting 1.5 weeks but the shop hasnt been able to tell me yet).
2) (More Importantly) The car simply isnt financially worth putting a new or Porsche refurbished PDK into. With that being said, there is a parts car locally that has a pdk available, except it is a 2014 panamera hybrid. Is this PDK the same as mine? I believe its a rear wheel drive donor car (mine is rwd)
( I did also find these https://automotix.net/usedtransmissi...distance&dir=a )
3) Are the transmissions from a Panamera 4 going to be compatible with a panamera base or are they different?
4) The car is at Barnaba Autosport right now. I have not yet asked them if they are willing to put in a used pdk, but if not does anyone know of another shop in the Chicagoland area that would be willing to do this?

Thank You in advance!
Old 09-08-2021, 02:26 PM
Kirkman
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Start with the part number or your transmission. Should be able to find it on a dealer's website. Any transmission with same part number will fit. EZ/PZ.

I would not have a Porsche dealer fool with my transmission. Their knowledge is usually limited to removal and replacement.

Porsche repair in Chicagoland? I follow a UTube mechanic "www.fluidmotorunion.com in Naperville. Talk to them....
Old 09-09-2021, 10:30 AM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 250 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirkman
Start with the part number or your transmission. Should be able to find it on a dealer's website. Any transmission with same part number will fit. EZ/PZ.

I would not have a Porsche dealer fool with my transmission. Their knowledge is usually limited to removal and replacement.

Porsche repair in Chicagoland? I follow a UTube mechanic "www.fluidmotorunion.com in Naperville. Talk to them....
Those PDKs have very robust hardware/gears. I would be surprised if it's total. There is a big chance that it's fine, minus the parts you mentioned. But dealer would not know that. As mentioned above - they only know how to replace it and send you the $20k bill... You are in luck in Chicagoland - talk to our partners https://lnengineering.com/
Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

The following users liked this post:
B Russ (09-09-2021)
Old 06-07-2022, 02:34 AM
Tarek9xx
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

old thread but wondering what the fix turned out to be

Quick Reply: Panamera PDK Transmission Replacement with used