Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

GTS build advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 04:48 AM
TuvaD
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 80 Posts
Default GTS build advice

Any comments on the color combo and spec of this 2022 GTS?

It’s overbuilt since I’ll keep it for a while and will be doing 1,000+ mile long distance journeys in it every month.

20” wheels for max comfort but could change them if 21” is a similar ride.

I like the stealthy BMW “carbon black” hue that night blue is somewhat close to but still considering silver, white, or gray.

Check it out:

PNQQKC53
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNQQKC53
Old 09-06-2021, 11:52 AM
ACowabunga
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Depending on where you’ll be driving will help determine the size of wheels you’ll want. In SoCal, I greatly enjoyed my 21” wheels but once I moved to the East Coast, I found the ride was too rough with all the pot holes. This was especially true after hitting a pothole and blowing out the tire and rim. So, I happily drive on 20” wheels and some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 tires. The wheels fit around the PCCBs and I really haven’t missed the 21” wheels after a year and a half.

I have a pretty similar build with yours and haven’t regretted adding all the suspension options. I do sometimes wonder if I missed out by choosing the Bose over the Burmeister system but then again, I really don’t once the music is going and I’m driving along listening to the Sports Exhaust system.

Everything you outfitted on the car seems to go with your wants/needs. I wouldn’t want to persuade or convince you on something that you may not deem “needed/wanted”. You already have all the suspension options checked that will help the car handle even better. All the other bits are just a personal choice.

Good luck with your order and waiting out the delivery delay. Your build already looks quite ready to go.
Old 09-06-2021, 12:47 PM
125shifter
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Since you're going with black aluminum door sills, how about adding black aluminum interior trim. I'm still waiting on mine so I can't comment on the piano black interior trim but I understand it shows prints and scratches. I wish I'd gone with the black aluminum.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:16 PM
Dwight3000
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think the Brake Calipers in High Gloss Black would complete the look.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:07 PM
krabman
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

The 21s are an appearance choice but they hurt every measurable performance metric and are more easily damaged: Go with the 20s for mo fast, 21s mo purty. The piano black is very easily scratched even when you take great care and looks cheap; I'd choose anything else.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:22 PM
TuvaD
Racer

Originally Posted by ACowabunga
Depending on where you’ll be driving will help determine the size of wheels you’ll want. In SoCal, I greatly enjoyed my 21” wheels but once I moved to the East Coast, I found the ride was too rough with all the pot holes. This was especially true after hitting a pothole and blowing out the tire and rim. So, I happily drive on 20” wheels and some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 tires. The wheels fit around the PCCBs and I really haven’t missed the 21” wheels after a year and a half.

I have a pretty similar build with yours and haven’t regretted adding all the suspension options. I do sometimes wonder if I missed out by choosing the Bose over the Burmeister system but then again, I really don’t once the music is going and I’m driving along listening to the Sports Exhaust system.

Everything you outfitted on the car seems to go with your wants/needs. I wouldn’t want to persuade or convince you on something that you may not deem “needed/wanted”. You already have all the suspension options checked that will help the car handle even better. All the other bits are just a personal choice.

Good luck with your order and waiting out the delivery delay. Your build already looks quite ready to go.
Thanks!

How have you found the PCCB brakes in daily use?
Old 09-06-2021, 07:26 PM
TuvaD
Racer

Originally Posted by 125shifter
Since you're going with black aluminum door sills, how about adding black aluminum interior trim. I'm still waiting on mine so I can't comment on the piano black interior trim but I understand it shows prints and scratches. I wish I'd gone with the black aluminum.
According to the standard spec list, the car comes with "Interior trim in Black Brushed Aluminum" so I just added the illuminated matching door sills. I assume they're harder to scratch than piano black.

I could change the lot to carbon fiber as well but don't like how shiny that option can sometimes look.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:28 PM
TuvaD
Racer

Originally Posted by Dwight3000
I think the Brake Calipers in High Gloss Black would complete the look.
My thinking is that yellow PCCB calipers would tie in a little bit with the retro California black with yellow lettering license plate. Pretty superficial, I know!

(Am also keen to have that level of braking performance of course!)
Old 09-06-2021, 08:35 PM
ACowabunga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TuvaD

How have you found the PCCB brakes in daily use?
I have really enjoyed the PCCBs because of the low amount of brake dust and how the yellow calipers offset the Chalk exterior and black/silver wheels.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:18 PM
MFC993
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 77 Posts

I have the Sport design 21's on my GTS delivered 7/23 and the ride is great.
I drive it daily with the suspension in Sport Plus and lowest ride height setting. Slightly firm but very comfortable.
It's a blast and with the PDCC it corners on rails.
Enjoy !
Old 09-07-2021, 10:25 AM
125shifter
Burning Brakes

According to the standard spec list, the car comes with "Interior trim in Black Brushed Aluminum" so I just added the illuminated matching door sills. I assume they're harder to scratch than piano black.

I could change the lot to carbon fiber as well but don't like how shiny that option can sometimes look.
That makes sense for the GTS to have good options included.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:40 PM
TuvaD
Racer

The dealership is now adding a $10K ADM markup. That takes the price to $186K.

Not earth shattering. It's more the principle of feeding the current ADM bubble and the final price now being so close to a lightly optioned Turbo S.

Would you still go for it or pass?

Last edited by TuvaD; 09-07-2021 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:53 PM
125shifter
Burning Brakes

That makes my full price cost for a 2022 Panamera not feel so bad but I’d have to pass. I usually keep my cars for a long time so initial cost doesn’t affect my total cost of ownership too much but I don’t have money to burn either.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:39 PM
ACowabunga
Rennlist Member

A $10k markup on a pretty well optioned car? I wonder if they’d still charge you more if you told them you were planning on purchasing an extended warranty or pre-paid maintenance plan. If so, I would suggest contacting some of the bigger Porsche dealerships around the country to see if you could order one from them with no markup?

$10k is a pretty steep markup and you could literally buy another make, model, or additional options. I would take a pass on this offer. Remember too, they’re still making 2021 cars without chips. When the 2022 models roll out there should be more cars available.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:56 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

The dealership is now adding a $10K ADM markup. That takes the price to $186K.

Not earth shattering. It's more the principle of feeding the current ADM bubble and the final price now being so close to a lightly optioned Turbo S.

Would you still go for it or pass?
I’d pass. I actually have a ‘22 on order and got a slight discount (placed it a couple months ago). I’d be happy to help you with my connection (as I did for another Rennlister recently, just PM me).

Last edited by SS22; 09-08-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Quick Reply: GTS build advice