Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

What to ask to the dealership for CPO?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 07:42 PM
DrJet
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What to ask to the dealership for CPO?

Hello. I'm about to purchase a CPO 2014 Panamera in a couple of days. I have searched rennlist and other websites and found that I need to ask (1) inspection report, (2) repair report for certification, and (3) history report. I also asked I would like to get an independent PPI and the salesperson says ok.
Am I missing something? I'm not so much worried but this is the first time I buy a CPO. I would greatly appreciate it if you can share your knowledge.

The following items are from the repair list: I know that brake pads were replaced in less than 2000 miles and I'm going to ask if NAV software can be updated. Replace underbody panel and brace

Replace serpentine belt

Replace spark plugs

Perform brake flush

Replace cabin filter

Replace 4 tires

Perform alignment

Replace battery

Cert

State inspection

Oil change

Replace sun visor
Best,
Jon
Old 08-23-2021, 08:25 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 797 Likes on 568 Posts

Why are you getting a PPI when it's CPO?
Old 08-23-2021, 08:41 PM
DrJet
AutoX

Based on what I have read from the forums. I don't think it's necessary as I have two-year warranty.
Old 08-24-2021, 02:09 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You don't but in your post you said " I asked to get a PPI"
Old 08-24-2021, 02:39 PM
DrJet
AutoX

Originally Posted by Shuga
You don't but in your post you said " I asked to get a PPI"
Maybe I asked in the wrong forum and your reply does not seem to answer my question. Search Rennlist, Pcar, and Reddit Porsche and you will find some ppl posted that they regretted not getting a PPI even for a CPO.
If you believe it's not worthy, thank you for your opinion but again it does not seem to be helpful in my case.
Old 08-24-2021, 03:49 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJet
I also asked I would like to get an independent PPI and the salesperson says ok.
Am I missing something?
Based on what I have read from the forums. I don't think it's necessary as I have two-year warranty.
Maybe I asked in the wrong forum and your reply does not seem to answer my question. Search Rennlist, Pcar, and Reddit Porsche and you will find some ppl posted that they regretted not getting a PPI even for a CPO.
If you believe it's not worthy, thank you for your opinion but again it does not seem to be helpful in my case.
What? First you said you wanted a PPI, I then said why would you get a PPI if it's CPO and you said " I don't think it's necessary"

You asked what we thought on this post. I answered Now you're giving sass about it?

If the brakes, rotors, have been replaced everything else besides cosmetic is covered. It may have some issues when you get it, then you take it back to the dealer and get it fixed for free.

It seems your mind is made up already and you want a PPI and to have people agree with you.

Quick Reply: What to ask to the dealership for CPO?