Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

PPF full car or just the front clip?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 05:08 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 697 Likes on 478 Posts

Im surprised no one backed me up on all the dirt ending up on the rear bumper and back. If I was going to do it again I would do that spot as well
The following users liked this post:
regancc (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 05:17 PM
regancc
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Chimuel
Must be... Mine is full front (full hood, full bumper, fenders, side mirrors, a pillars, b pillars, door cups, lower doors, door edges, and full rear bumper). Topped off with multiple layers of ceramic coat and it looks stunning.

I'm sure it'll yellow a bit over time but on a darker car you might not notice as much compared to a white or light coloured car. Besides that, the ceramic coating should have UV protection to at least slow that yellowing process.

Removal also needs to be done right, like steaming the PPF so it doesn't leave residue or pull off the paint.

Ditto. High quality Expel film and Expel ceramic installed by a professional. My car looks amazing and it has already saved me a few times from serious rock chips. I put nearly a hundred miles a day roundtrip to/from work and it keeps my car looking amazing. It also, since I have a dark car, keeps swirl scratches from happening and those are a personal pet peeve for me! My paint looks wet all the time. Love it!!
Old 06-09-2021, 08:54 PM
rgfinnegan
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My 2011 PTT is carrera white with PPF on half the hood which has yellowed and cracked in several places. I want the old film removed and then the car paint corrected.

I'm confused about one thing though; does ceramic coating get put on the car before or after the new full front PPF? I think I'll do the tail end too; it's a dirt magnet back there.

Any recommendations for PPF removal and installation along with full paint correction and ceramic coating on the Central Coast of California (Santa Maria to San Luis Obispo)?
Old 06-10-2021, 11:44 AM
regancc
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by rgfinnegan
My 2011 PTT is carrera white with PPF on half the hood which has yellowed and cracked in several places. I want the old film removed and then the car paint corrected.

I'm confused about one thing though; does ceramic coating get put on the car before or after the new full front PPF? I think I'll do the tail end too; it's a dirt magnet back there.

Any recommendations for PPF removal and installation along with full paint correction and ceramic coating on the Central Coast of California (Santa Maria to San Luis Obispo)?
Put the ceramic on top of the film, it will also protect the film. And use high quality film like Expel. But if you use a pro, you can request that from them...

Last edited by regancc; 06-11-2021 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:08 AM
Hams911
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by B Russ
Im surprised no one backed me up on all the dirt ending up on the rear bumper and back. If I was going to do it again I would do that spot as well
100% agree. I bought my ST with the front half wrapped and ended up having the rest of the car even the spoiler PPF and it is much easier to quickly wash off the dirt. Also the fact that in the winter I can do a quick run through a touch less wash then wipe with a drying agent and towel and have no worries about swirls is worth and “plastic” look which on a chalk car really can’t be seen.

I was leasing a f90m5 prior and drove it 5k miles. The front end was so pitted out from rocks if I owned that car I would have needed to re-spray the whole front end before even getting to 10k mi is brutal.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:32 AM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 697 Likes on 478 Posts

What did they do about the letters on the back
Old 06-11-2021, 12:26 PM
Hams911
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by B Russ
What did they do about the letters on the back
removed them did the PPF and put the black Porsche letters back but left off the turbo so I can fly under the radar…until the akro exhaust kicks in!
Old 06-22-2021, 09:19 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

new PPF https://www.pca.org/news/new-suntek-...n-1-protection

Quick Reply: PPF full car or just the front clip?