Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera Coolant Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 10:02 AM
SunneDC
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panamera Coolant Issue

I have a 2013 Porsche Panamera S Hybrid. I'm having a coolant issue ( again ). My car is out of warranty. I have had the coolant pipe (failing plastic) & water pump replaced in the last 2 years also both coolant caps. Now my over flow reservoir emptying somewhere in the car please see attached photos. I wanted to get an idea of where it might be coming from before i show up to the dealership and potentially get scammed by them. The first 2 photos is where I first discovered the problem. I refilled the coolant 50/50 distilled water and Porsche coolant. I drove it and the 3rd pic is a new picture of it releasing below the engine. Any ideas on where this could be coming from? A hose? or fitting? I also uploaded a video of it.

Last edited by SunneDC; 12-17-2020 at 10:02 AM. Reason: panamera, coolant issue
Old 12-17-2020, 12:22 PM
Shrike071
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 99 Posts

Get under it, pull off the belly-pan (5 minute job) and take a look. I bet you'll get better results than asking people to diagnose over the web. At the very least, you'll get better pictures. No disrespect intended, either. It's just that nobody here will get you any closer given the info posted above.
Old 12-17-2020, 12:34 PM
SunneDC
AutoX

Originally Posted by Shrike071
Get under it, pull off the belly-pan (5 minute job) and take a look. I bet you'll get better results than asking people to diagnose over the web. At the very least, you'll get better pictures. No disrespect intended, either. It's just that nobody here will get you any closer given the info posted above.
I asked here because people here know every part of the car and have previously diagnosed 5 other problems the car had straight from the info I provided. If you don’t have a solution mind your business
Old 12-17-2020, 03:03 PM
Shrike071
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by SunneDC
I asked here because people here know every part of the car and have previously diagnosed 5 other problems the car had straight from the info I provided. If you don’t have a solution mind your business
Wow. I gave you the exact information required to aid members in diagnosing your problem and even said I meant no disrespect. Your post may as well have shown images with coolant on your driveway followed by you asking "Where's it coming from?" (Which would be really f-ing stupid...) Your pictures are completely worthless for diagnosis other than to show the presence of coolant on something that's not even part of the engine.

Nobody can possibly offer "a solution" because there is no context to use to come up with one. You're losing coolant. We see that. There are eleventy billion things on the car that either carry coolant, hold coolant, or move coolant. Pulling off the pan and taking some pictures of the underside of the engine as well as the topside - from all angles - while looking with your own eyeballs for parts that are wet are exactly what is required for anyone here to offer any sort of help.

Good luck champ. You'll get really far here with that attitude.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shrike071:
DogWood (12-17-2020), ManoTexas (12-19-2020)
Old 12-17-2020, 06:23 PM
Mozella55
Instructor

Received 275 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by SunneDC
I'm pretty sure I know exactly what is wrong with your car, but I hesitate to offer my help for fear that you may not like my answer and tell me to mind my own business. So, I'll just keep quiet. I hope that's OK.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mozella55:
ManoTexas (12-19-2020), Shrike071 (12-18-2020)
Old 12-17-2020, 07:24 PM
SunneDC
AutoX

Originally Posted by Mozella55
I'm pretty sure I know exactly what is wrong with your car, but I hesitate to offer my help for fear that you may not like my answer and tell me to mind my own business. So, I'll just keep quiet. I hope that's OK.
cool

Last edited by SunneDC; 12-17-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Panamera Coolant Issue