Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Auto driving light control defective

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2020 | 06:49 PM
Jerry Bates
1st Gear

Talking Auto driving light control defective

I have a 2012 Porsche Panamera 4 that has been my all-time favorite vehicle until it had this warning light come on and stay on "Auto driving light control defective". Both headlights still worked but my driver's side light would shine higher than the passenger side. Could not erase the code and would manually have to minimize the warning each time I drove the car. Got on this forum and all I could come up with was to replace the $2300 headlight! Went to YouTube and saw a video on how easy Porsche engineers made the removal of the headlight and amazingly enough even provide a special tool in the tool kit to assist! I released the headlight enough to get to the connections and unhooked it and plugged it back in, cranked the vehicle and the warning light did not come on. Reinstalled the headlight, returned the tool and attributed the problem to being a loose connection and saved $2300! Hope this works as well for you as it did me.

Old 12-29-2022 | 06:00 PM
Hackerus
2nd Gear

Default Link to YouTube video

Originally Posted by Jerry Bates
I have a 2012 Porsche Panamera 4 that has been my all-time favorite vehicle until it had this warning light come on and stay on "Auto driving light control defective". Both headlights still worked but my driver's side light would shine higher than the passenger side. Could not erase the code and would manually have to minimize the warning each time I drove the car. Got on this forum and all I could come up with was to replace the $2300 headlight! Went to YouTube and saw a video on how easy Porsche engineers made the removal of the headlight and amazingly enough even provide a special tool in the tool kit to assist! I released the headlight enough to get to the connections and unhooked it and plugged it back in, cranked the vehicle and the warning light did not come on. Reinstalled the headlight, returned the tool and attributed the problem to being a loose connection and saved $2300! Hope this works as well for you as it did me.
do you have the link to the video by chance. I did not find it on searching youtube.​​​​​​​
Old 01-04-2023 | 03:32 PM
shake1
Racer

Same error on mine 2010 4s, will try taking out and putting in again but guessing the fix won't be as simple. I have had error messages cleared but comes up each time headlight turns on (almost every drive).
The following users liked this post:
Hackerus (01-04-2023)

Quick Reply: Auto driving light control defective