Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Bad manners to ask group on potential sales price for a new Panamera e-Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 12:11 PM
Hams911
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by pokingaround
I find 6 on cargurus. Hopefully this link works:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...dEntity=c29503
Yes sir and thank you for sending. I do really like the black on black demo in Orlando but the one option it doesn't have is upgraded Burmester audio which I know sounds silly but I do really want as I always have had upgraded audio in my cars and enjoy clarity of good sound systems (little audiophile but not like some guys obsession haha). I know Bose isnt going to flip my switch and even with the discount I could get I feel like I will always be regretting not getting that upgraded package. Going to ask if it can be retrofitted lol lets see what that answer is! Thanks again for the feedback.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:28 PM
krabman
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

Others have reported the retro being expensive enough to make trading a viable option. You've also got the squeak factor; think about everything that has to come apart, it's a whole lot of stuff. Realistically the Bose isn't utter crap as you might expect and sounds all right as long as you don't push it hard. I'm not saying it's great but I do think if you haven't done so you may want to listen to it and see if it can hop your bar. I'm thinking probably not based on your posts but you wont know if you don't try. Other than that at a buck fifty you're certainly not wrong to hold out for what you want. Buying a Panamera off the lots takes some patience with just a few hard deal-breakers.
The following 2 users liked this post by krabman:
Hams911 (04-17-2020), pokingaround (04-18-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 08:18 PM
Hams911
Rennlist Member

So I have been calling around for two weeks or so and I am shocked at the very glass half full approach most of the dealers I spoke with are taking on pricing the ST! I have heard numerous reviewers state that the ST does not move from the lots as quickly as the standard panamera. Yet I am finding many dealers stating their best price is the listed price or maybe coming off a few thousand or throwing in shipping costs. This is on 2018 new car and 2020 new car. Used seems to be the same story...is it me or are they optimistic in this current climate that multiple 100k plus ST buyers are lurking out there! Next month will get worse and so on so why not put the best foot forward out of the gate. Ok end rant...
Old 04-30-2020, 08:48 PM
cbenz1
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Crazy - the same new 3 ehybrid STs are still available that I was looking at a few months ago. One in Washington state, one in Boston and one in north Jersey
Old 04-30-2020, 08:55 PM
thekansaskid
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My turn to rant then!

I am still looking, and evaluating e-Hybrid Panamera's. I thought I found the perfect one in Atlanta - a gorgeous Volcano Gray 10 Yr anniversary model. I made an offer that was equal to an offer I received on another similarly spec'ed vehicle, but the dealership responded that they will not accept anything less than MSRP on the vehicle. The other vehicle I identified has a red interior, so that is not an option for me. Still, I could not believe these guys in Atlanta refused to move off of MSRP. There must be significant support coming from Porsche to protect dealers in this climate, because it seems like they are being incentivized more to not sell cars than to move inventory.

The car dealership model cannot die fast enough for me since I much prefer the Tesla direct sales model. I hate dealing with middlemen attempting to overcharge to make a commission.
The following users liked this post:
Hams911 (04-30-2020)
Old 05-01-2020, 07:03 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,546 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by Hams911
So I have been calling around for two weeks or so and I am shocked at the very glass half full approach most of the dealers I spoke with are taking on pricing the ST! I have heard numerous reviewers state that the ST does not move from the lots as quickly as the standard panamera. Yet I am finding many dealers stating their best price is the listed price or maybe coming off a few thousand or throwing in shipping costs. This is on 2018 new car and 2020 new car. Used seems to be the same story...is it me or are they optimistic in this current climate that multiple 100k plus ST buyers are lurking out there! Next month will get worse and so on so why not put the best foot forward out of the gate. Ok end rant...
folks are still in denial. People aren’t being forced to sell yet and don’t want to take the loss. Give it 6 more months. The auto market wasn’t in great shape even before March.

housing prices didn’t crash immediately in 2008. Actually took 3 years to hit rock bottom. A lot of folks who can defer the pain will dip into reserves. Which is irrational but folks hate to acknowledge losses.

also factor in ensuing production cuts. The factories are closed now and when they re-open I’m confident Porsche will cut back production to better match reduced demand than get shafted with a supply glut. Used car prices will still get crushed, but new prices might only dip a little.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:10 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Man. What you guys are describing is so detached from both recent history and current reality I don't even know where to begin. I do wonder whether PNA is somehow backstopping dealers right now.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:22 PM
Hams911
Rennlist Member

I agree. I just don't understand the methodology. I get some of these quotes I have asked for and they just put the current online price and if I pay that I get free transport! haha. Also get thrown the "PNA is offering 1.95% for 60 mo on CPO program cars" ...my reply is that I can get the same rate for a longer term through my credit union right now and when is PNA going to realize many auto makers have gone to the 0% financing for 70+ mo route to try and drive some sales. Blows my mind that someone inquiring about a unique (I would consider the ST unique) rather expensive car with legitimate buying intentions and I get the usual "we are selling at a loss" speech when I inquire about best pricing possible. I mean a 2018 that's been on the lot for 2 years and you don't want to discount from new more than 30%?! And your CEO/CFO drove it 4k mi with no PFF etc but its still "new"...this may force me to just go lease another BMW haha!
Old 05-01-2020, 03:47 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,546 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by pokingaround
Man. What you guys are describing is so detached from both recent history and current reality I don't even know where to begin. I do wonder whether PNA is somehow backstopping dealers right now.
They are, details are a little sparse, but they're being flexible with quotas, bonus requirements, and subsidizing costs

<https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/cars/story/2020-03-25/porsche-usa-adjusts-business-plan-amid-covid-19-to-support-customers-dealers>
The following users liked this post:
pokingaround (05-03-2020)
Old 05-01-2020, 04:01 PM
krabman
Pro

Could just be that the Hybrid ST's have become rare enough on the lots the dealers are willing to wait for the "right" buyer to call in. I'm with others above me here, there was a glut of ST's when I was purchasing and most of the dealers I contacted were pushing them with substantial offs to try and move them. You know: "If want a substantial price reduction I've got just the car for you, take a look at this beautiful wagon over here", that type of thing. I would say if anything the dealerships were tougher on the Hybrid cars, there were certainly less of them when I was buying back in April to June of 19. It took a few months to find the car I wanted...
Old 05-01-2020, 04:44 PM
Hams911
Rennlist Member

Today’s latest was on a new 2020 turbo ST...drum roll please...3% off msrp! I couldn’t even bring myself to reply. Maybe the end of the month will bring more realistic deals to the table or I could be wrong!
Old 05-01-2020, 04:51 PM
GratedWasabi
Racer

Received 311 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Hams911
Today’s latest was on a new 2020 turbo ST...drum roll please...3% off msrp! I couldn’t even bring myself to reply. Maybe the end of the month will bring more realistic deals to the table or I could be wrong!
Contact Porsche Tacoma. The dealership is terrible to work with but they have a brand new 18 Turbo ST they're desperate to get rid of.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:11 PM
krabman
Pro

Agree on the terrible with the Tacoma boys: The sales manager called me up to talk turkey and when I told him he would be negotiating for my business, not I for the car, he began arguing quite strenuously and not a little rudely and I hung up on him. He called up again a few days later and apologized saying he wanted to try and earn my business so there is that but the damage was done, I did not buy a car there at that time and probably wouldn't now.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:47 PM
Nykrayz
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello all
new here getting offered 17% off msrp for 2019 gts msrp 138k. I was looking for 20%
good deal at 17% off or wait it out
Old 05-03-2020, 12:55 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Nykrayz
Hello all
new here getting offered 17% off msrp for 2019 gts msrp 138k. I was looking for 20%
good deal at 17% off or wait it out
Still new, as in never punched warranty? Even then I'd want more off than 17%...

Quick Reply: Bad manners to ask group on potential sales price for a new Panamera e-Hybrid?