2010 turbo; headlight washers

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 06:11 AM
Regenwulf
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 turbo; headlight washers

Hi all,

New owner of a 2010 Panamera turbo. I've been looking for a good online resource to learn more about these cars and this seems to be the best one. Looking forward to learning and hopefully contributing.

My first call for help is about my headlight washers. I've done a search but couldn't see an answer. One of mine sits lower than the other (I'm still talking about my washers!). Is this a common fault? I'm not even sure whether they're supposed to retract at all. The lower one suits so that the bottom of the opening is flush with the level of the bumper. The other is about 6mm higher.

Any guidance from the cognoscenti?

Thanks

Jm
Old 08-20-2019, 09:31 AM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

That is not normal. As to why, it’s hard to say without taking it apart.

I’ve never heard of the issue so it’s either not a common thing or an easy fix and no one complained about it. Hard to say!
The following users liked this post:
Regenwulf (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 09:54 AM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts

There have been other recent posts about the headlight washers coming loose from the bumper - one of yours may simply have come loose and needs to be reseated. If you're coming up on 60k miles and will need to pull your bumper to replace the air filter, it might be a good opportunity to fix the offending washer. Best of luck!
The following users liked this post:
Regenwulf (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 10:01 AM
Regenwulf
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, that's helpful. Not planning on removing the bumper for a little while so may just learn to live with it for another 14k miles or so!

Quick Reply: 2010 turbo; headlight washers