Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

All Season Tires - 2014 Panamera 4

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 02:34 PM
Battery Guy
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Default All Season Tires - 2014 Panamera 4

Hi Guys - I'm normally in the 996 forum, but a friend of mine drives a 2014 Panamera 4, and is looking for a set of all-season tires for it. For whatever reason, there seems to be nothing available - Tire Rack does not show anything, and even the Michelin and Bridgestone web sites do not either. This seems surprising as to me a Panamera 4 would seem like a logical car for all-season if you don't track it and don't plan on driving in the deep stuff.

Before I get flamed, yes, agreed that having two sets of tires would be better, but this is his "airport" car and for sportier driving he uses his Boxter - and he really does not want to deal with two sets of tires for this car. So - has anyone put a set of AS on a Panamera 4, and if so what were they?

If no luck he will bite the bullet this winter and get a set of winter tires and wheels from Tire Rack.

Thanks in advance!
Daryll
Old 06-19-2019, 03:00 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

what size are his wheels? should be plenty of choices for a 970
Old 06-19-2019, 03:06 PM
Battery Guy
Instructor

Originally Posted by DogWood
what size are his wheels? should be plenty of choices for a 970
He has the 18" wheels - Tire Rack shows the factory size tires as 245/50-18 front and 275/45-18 rear. Agreed - seems like there should be plenty of choices, but I even looked on the Michelin and Bridgestone web sites and they did not offer anything except summer tires or winter tires. No all season. Since I could not believe this either I called Tire Rack, and the guy on the phone also came up with nothing. He was as surprised as I am.
Thanks!
Daryll
Old 06-19-2019, 03:25 PM
lexhair
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

I have the same car with 20" A/S. New with the CPO but I'll be dropping them for summers when the tread thins out. I've got 19" winter wheels for it.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:44 PM
Fulwild
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He may have to go with 19" or 20" for the summer and save the 18's for winters which is not a bad way to go in Columbus with winter potholes. If he buys used 19s or 2s they often have at least some curb rash. Wheel Medic off of 71 near the fairgrounds is good at straightening, refinishing, and repainting. I have no financial interest just a happy customer. Refinish, repaint and mount and balance tires from TR was about $600 so probably close to 2K all together. There are a set or 20" Spyder wheels in this forum with tires for 1K I think. that's a good deal if the tires are still good. I believe Wheel medic won't remount if they are over 5 years old which probably makes sense on a car that can go over 150. I recomend unmounting the tires and inspecting the wheels on any used wheel purchase or even used car purchase. I found, due to flat, that one of the wheels on a newly purchased used Panamera was badly welded up and unsafe. No damage visible with the tire mounted. These cars can significantly stress the tire/wheel system and faith is not a good safety check.
'
Old 06-19-2019, 11:26 PM
Battery Guy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fulwild
He may have to go with 19" or 20" for the summer and save the 18's for winters which is not a bad way to go in Columbus with winter potholes. If he buys used 19s or 2s they often have at least some curb rash. Wheel Medic off of 71 near the fairgrounds is good at straightening, refinishing, and repainting. I have no financial interest just a happy customer. Refinish, repaint and mount and balance tires from TR was about $600 so probably close to 2K all together. There are a set or 20" Spyder wheels in this forum with tires for 1K I think. that's a good deal if the tires are still good. I believe Wheel medic won't remount if they are over 5 years old which probably makes sense on a car that can go over 150. I recomend unmounting the tires and inspecting the wheels on any used wheel purchase or even used car purchase. I found, due to flat, that one of the wheels on a newly purchased used Panamera was badly welded up and unsafe. No damage visible with the tire mounted. These cars can significantly stress the tire/wheel system and faith is not a good safety check.
'
Thank you very much - great information. My friend is actually in the Chicago area, but will suggest that he look for a set of used 19 or 20’s to put the summer tires on. Winter tires make sense on the factory 18’s.

Also thanks for the lead of the rim repair place near I-71 - my rims have some curb rash that needs to be fixed - I may do that next set of tires. Good to know there is a good place locally.
Daryll
Old 06-27-2019, 10:21 AM
mikelectic
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running Michelin Pilot Sport A/S plus on 20's with no issues

Quick Reply: All Season Tires - 2014 Panamera 4