Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera Model Year Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 01:01 PM
verstraete
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Panamera Model Year Question

Model year production for my previous Porsches, 991s, typically began in or before August of the previous calendar year, with US deliveries starting around September, or earlier. Firm orders could be placed a few months before the August, or earlier, start of production. My 2013 911, for example, was delivered to the dealer in August 2012 and my 2017, a Launch Model, was delivered in the spring of 2016.

Thinking that a Panamera may be in my future and have started browsing this site. Information posted here seems to indicate that the production, delivery calendar for Panameras may be later, with delivery of model year cars not beginning until early, or later, in the spring of the actual calendar year. Is this the actual situation, with 2020 deliveries still six or more months in the future? Is the difference due to the different production location for Panameras, as compared to 911s?
Old 06-16-2019, 04:51 PM
F K
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My SA told me that it's a new system starting with panamera
Delivers will be in the actual year unlike when u buy say a bmw in April 2019 Nd its a 2020 model.
Makes me sad though my 2019gts will arrive in august so in 4 months when the 2020s are out i know it will bother me 😑
Old 10-18-2019, 02:36 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

Panamera a still a bargain used. Even the new old stock are getting heavily marked down. Could be true that the Taycan will continue this trend even faster....Im hoping so!!!!

The AMG GT 4 door is a pretty bad **** car, but in person I think the front end is awkward looking and pushed in. I don't think they look as good as the Panamera. I'm sure they are a blast to drive, and are probably in general a bit quicker than the Panamera. What you will most noticeably find, is the AMG is going to run way harsher than the Panamera at all times no matter what mode you're in. If that is a concern, I would drive the AMG first and spend some time in it. Panamera interior is also better and quieter but that's really splitting hairs at this level of fit and finish. The new Mercedes interiors have really stepped it up 2018 on up model years. I think the S63 coupe is a WAY better looking car than the AMG GT.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:00 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

I haven’t driven the AMG GT but have spent some time in an E63S Wagon and at its softest setting it’s way harsher than my PTT on 21s. So I would assume the GT is even stiffer. No thanks as a DD.

Quick Reply: Panamera Model Year Question