Traffic Jam Assist

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 06:31 PM
Shaun U. Din
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traffic Jam Assist

Hello all,

New to the forums and new to Porsche! I’m looking to purchase a Panamera and currently live in a city where traffic is brutal.

Local dealer has a Panamera with ACC. However, Porsche website states that traffic jam assist is only included with innodrive with no mention of this feature with ACC. This doesn’t seem to make much sense to me.

Just wondering if ACC alone will suffice in heavy highway traffic to limit the fatigue of constant break/gas/break/gas....

Thanks again and I’m excited to join the Porsche family.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:56 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

ACC works well for me in stop and go traffic - it will bring the car to a complete stop if needed, and if so you just need to touch the gas to get moving again. What model year are you looking at?
Old 05-31-2019, 07:11 PM
Shaun U. Din
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! Looking at a new 2019 Panamera 4. Just pressing the gas pedal here and there will be easy enough.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:25 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

Yep, simply point at the car in front of you and the system will take care of everything. And it doesn't allow so much space behind the car you're following to allow others to sneak in.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:00 AM
krabman
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

The Inno will steer below 37 and has the look ahead to (allegedly) better respond to slopes, turns, etc, It also has the efficiency stuff going on using mapping and sensors which they claim will increase economy over a standard cruise by about 10% without a route and somewhat more with one. I've yet to read what exactly "somewhat more" is but I'm guessing it's not so much or they'd trot out a number.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:10 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I have a 2018 Panamera E-Hybrid with the Assistance Package that includes InnoDrive. I have used the ACC a lot, and it's really good -- even works in driving rain storms where I couldn't see more than about 20 feet in front of me (of course, I had the ACC set at a very low speed then, but it still detected vehicles in front of me before I could see them). I don't use the InnoDrive at all, because I don't like the iffy character in any cars that try to keep you within a lane -- the technology just isn't that good, in my opinion. I didn't seek out the InnoDrive; I just got it with the Assistance Package because I was going to pay for ACC and the infrared "Night Vision" camera anyway, and it was cheaper to get them in the Package than separately.

So: I would never buy a car without ACC in this day and age. But anything "auto-pilot-ish" beyond ACC (like Porsche's "Lane Keep Assist"), I would not use. ACC helps keep you from getting tired in terms of constantly changing speed on long drives and in very heavy traffic; but I will always steer myself.

Quick Reply: Traffic Jam Assist