Flashing yellow - charger connect but not locked - Panamera Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 06:22 PM
puthsardarade
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashing yellow - charger connect but not locked - Panamera Hybrid

Hi,

Quite often I've found it difficult to remove my charge from my Panamera Hybrid even after turning off the power from the charger via the mains socket - using official porsche home charger 3 pin connected to mains.

Today I've found that I am no longer able to charge my Panamera. Charger shows as plugged in but there is now just a yellow flashing light on the plugin area where the charge is connected.
Manual shows a status of charger connected but not locked.

From a Google search I came across only one post elsewhere and they stated: "The actuator for the door to the plug-in receptacle for my Porsche failed, and I had to go to the dealer to get it fixed. "

I think the above sounds like it might be the same issue - anyone else aware of this issue?

My Panamera Hybrid is a April 2015 model would the above issue be covered by Porsche UK warranty?

Dealerships tend to try and charge diagnostics etc - if the fault is above any suggestions how I can just have the fault repaired directly under warranty?

If out of warranty it could be a problem going to a independent as a couple I contacted locally advised they do not repair these types of faults on hybrids - I am based in Leeds.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-13-2019, 02:58 PM
cbwinters01
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi, likely you already know this, but the only time that i encounter issues that you mention above on my '16 PSEH is:
*to begin the charge, i lock the car using the key fob - that sometime moves yellow flashing to solid green and begins the charging
*to unlock the charger from the car, i need to unlock the car using the key fob
Old 05-13-2019, 03:06 PM
puthsardarade
6th Gear

Thanks, the locking and unlocking has worked in the past.

However presently its not working and its just flashing yellow which suggests it could be a locking issue.
My local Porsche centre however advise I will have to pay £180 for diagnostics first!
There must be an Independent around that would not charge so much for diagnostics and could repair?
Old 02-17-2020, 08:26 AM
puthsardarade
6th Gear

Hi,

An update on this.
I was told the flap cover needed to be replaced after diagnostics by a Porsche dealership, they mentioned a really high price for fitting it and described it mainly as fitting and ensuring hybrid was safe when fitting.
I asked a highly rated local Independent Porsche who advised they could do it, so I purchased the part.

Problem still appears to exist, it charges occasionally depending on if it detects that it is plugged in.

However presently I have an urgent issue where I cannot disconnect it after leaving it on charge overnight.
The car does not recognise it has a charger plugged in, when I turn the key and the charger is locked in with a full green on battery indicating it is fully charged and a flashing yellow next to it.

Can anyone please advise a solution which I can try urgently to disconnect the charger?

Thanks
Old 02-17-2020, 09:00 AM
Botox
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You need to push the lower button next to where the charger plugs into the car to release the charger once the car is unlocked.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:09 AM
puthsardarade
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Botox
You need to push the lower button next to where the charger plugs into the car to release the charger once the car is unlocked.
There is just one button which I think is for the timer which I did try and it lights red and then goes off but does not release?
It is a 2015 model
Old 12-16-2020, 09:01 AM
Arttu Ahlsten
2nd Gear

did you get answer to this problem? mine gave codes p0d9400 and p33e800
Old 12-16-2020, 06:50 PM
puthsardarade
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Arttu Ahlsten
did you get answer to this problem? mine gave codes p0d9400 and p33e800
A replacement HV housing, new socket and leads - was what Porsche diagnosed.
Old 12-17-2020, 01:27 AM
Arttu Ahlsten
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by puthsardarade
A replacement HV housing, new socket and leads - was what Porsche diagnosed.
Nice, thats probably same thing In mine. How much was it To fix?
Old 12-17-2020, 06:20 PM
puthsardarade
6th Gear

The parts required are;

HV charging socket, Charging cup/housing and HV leads.

Below is the repair method.

De-energise HV system via PIWIS tester.

Remove right and left hand inner boot trims and boot floor.

Remove N/S/R wheel arch liner to access charging socket.

Remove charging socket from charge socket housing. Including the wiring which go to the on-board charger in the O/S/R wing.

Replace HV charge housing socket due to failed actuator.

Install new charge housing including actuator.

Re-energise vehicle using PIWIS tester.

Quoted £1594 inc parts.
Not proceeded as unsure if this is worth the cost considering I drive the vehicle very little and the range is around 12 miles only and the repair just allows the vehicle charging to work via the plug - I could partial charge it whilst driving.
Old 10-11-2021, 01:41 PM
Fruitbat56
1st Gear

Default Any Update?

I have the same problem on my 2015 S e-Hybrid. First there was an issue with the cover not opening and I suspect there is a solenoid that has failed. Surely that's just a swap of a £20 actuator?
Old 05-08-2023, 05:26 PM
Kelcamax
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by puthsardarade
Hi,

An update on this.
I was told the flap cover needed to be replaced after diagnostics by a Porsche dealership, they mentioned a really high price for fitting it and described it mainly as fitting and ensuring hybrid was safe when fitting.
I asked a highly rated local Independent Porsche who advised they could do it, so I purchased the part.

Problem still appears to exist, it charges occasionally depending on if it detects that it is plugged in.

However presently I have an urgent issue where I cannot disconnect it after leaving it on charge overnight.
The car does not recognise it has a charger plugged in, when I turn the key and the charger is locked in with a full green on battery indicating it is fully charged and a flashing yellow next to it.

Can anyone please advise a solution which I can try urgently to disconnect the charger?

Thanks
Any chance you remember how you were able to remove your charging cord? I have the same car and the cord has been stuck in the port for a week with no luck.

Old 05-08-2023, 08:52 PM
cbwinters01
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

at this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...t-release.html
member 16PanaHybrid provided a short video for a way to manually disconnect the pin hold the charge plug in place...have a look...
Old 05-08-2023, 11:02 PM
Kelcamax
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by cbwinters01
at this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...t-release.html
member 16PanaHybrid provided a short video for a way to manually disconnect the pin hold the charge plug in place...have a look...
Great video, but unforturnately I have a different charger on my 2015 Panamara.

Quick Reply: Flashing yellow - charger connect but not locked - Panamera Hybrid