Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E hybrid Spec

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 12:41 AM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Panamera 4 E hybrid Spec

Anything I’m missing? I chose this over a GTS because of the 6100 GVWR and business use deduction in addition to the tax credit. Interestingly the only Panameras that qualify for the depreciation deduction are those that weigh over 6100 lbs which are the sport turismos in E hybrid or Turbo S E hybrid. My wife’s 2017 Carmine red base panamera is coming up on lease end so we’re getting ready to lock this order. Open to comments and suggestions.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PK14TAD9

Last edited by Johnny5Alive; 01-29-2020 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:04 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Amazing build -- definitely one of the best I've seen.

I'd add the alcantara headliner, it truly makes a difference for the inside in my opinion. Also make sure the IRS will qualify the ST for the accelerated depreciation. They have a list of approved vehicles, and when I was debating a 4 E-Hybrid Executive last year (which also has a GVWR of >6100 lbs), I only saw the Cayenne on their list because it's 'SUV' based. I think there's a sticker on the door jam that shows the GVWR, hopefully that's sufficient for the IRS.

Consider going PTS if you or your wife really really want a special car. I've seen it done on Panameras, but not on 4 e-hybrid STs!

Also consider adding 4-zone climate (if you'll have passengers in the back) and chalk seatbelts because why not. I'd also add the Carbon Wheel because its heated and looks really cool, especially since you've optioned it on the other trim.

If you don't already have a SA, PM me and I can put you in touch with someone who can give you a nice discount on a custom order.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:39 AM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Thanks! Funny, I was just telling my wife “I think we missed the Alcantara headliner box.”

I’m with you on the carbon steering wheel, but it gets super hot here in Vegas, and I prefer a grippy wheel. I’ll give it some thought. As for 4 zone climate, we intend on putting our two year old in a car seat in the back, perhaps in the middle, and that screen there in front of him just seems like a bad idea. In our current 2017 Panamera, there is no middle seat and his car seat is on passenger side, so we could do 4 zone and keep the same arrangement. I'll think on that one too.

I wish I could spec rear wheel steer without power steering plus. WTF Porsche?

I spoke with my CPA at length on the deduction. This article discusses the issue and has a similar list:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mil...deduction/amp/

My cpa was clear in that as of 2018 the law has changed dramatically and it’s a matter of percentage of business use. He was very clear that there’s a percentage he feels comfortable with.

I work in finance and we read article 179 together and the qualifier it’s clear on is the 6,000 lb GVWR. Granted, IRS.gov says “trucks, SUV’s and crossovers” that weigh 6,000 lbs.

Looking up the definitions of these vehicles is so vague. ST on lift mode with off-road tires qualifies under most definitions so my CPA is comfortable especially because we’re using a modest percentage. He seemed most focused on the GVWR which is probably the easiest way for the government to define most of these vehicles. CPA said there isn't a clear definition of SUV anyway. Most definitions of SUV is "a vehicle with 4 wheels, often with off road capabilities such as raised ground clearance or 4 wheel drive." I can go down to discount tire and pick up some knobby off road tires and keep them in the garage just in case.

As most things with taxes though, at your own risk I suppose. PM me what you can about the discount your dealer might do as mine is pretty good but always good to know what others will do. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2019, 02:47 AM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

the illuminated carbon fiber door sills are a nice addition considering you have the carbon fiber trim option selected. The smoking kit will give you a nice carbon fiber door on the center console below the shifter. Powered sun blinds on the rear doors are nice. I de-badge... too many words on that rear deck. The e-hybrid badge does not get included in the de-badge option but it is attached with adhesive and easy to remove. As an aside, I have had so many people stop me and ask “what model is your car?” because the ST models are pretty uncommon.

Carmine Red is one of my favorite colors. I see you are taking delivery in LA... if you are a CA resident, PG&E has a program you qualify for. It is an $800 refund for hybrid owners and while the Panamera is not listed on the website, it does qualify for the rebate
Old 05-10-2019, 02:58 AM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Ahh yes, the illuminated door sills are a hot discussion with us. I have them in my GT3 and quite like them. My wife doesn't understand why they're not just included and didn't think it was worth the spend. Maybe I'll choose the carbon ones without illumination as a compromise. With the smoker's package don't you lose the USB ports or something? I wasn't aware that adding that got a bit more carbon. Doesn't that carbon door come on the car without smoker's package?

We live in Nevada. But thanks for bringing that up. I wonder if Nevada has a similar program, but doubtful since we don't pay state income tax.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:52 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

my thoughts:
1) carbon steering wheel - on long drives you tend to sweat more when in contact with carbon as supposed to leather. Confirmed by my friend who has an e-hybrid with the carbon steering wheel
2) have you considered the black brakes - not sure how the acid green, black wheels, red car match. Maybe one colour too many. But of course it is a matter of taste
3) have you considered the 18 way sport seats. One huge difference (apart from looking better :-) ), is that the side bolster can be blown to give you more side support - loved that feature on all my BMWs since 2005 so it was a must for me on my e-hybrid.
4) My son was 4 when i ordered my car - I was luckily wise enough to take the preparation for the rear seat entertainment - cost couple of hundred but if you plan to keep the car for a long time, then it might be useful one day for your child (as an entertainment for long drives).
Old 05-10-2019, 10:20 AM
jnolan
Pro

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive
Ahh yes, the illuminated door sills are a hot discussion with us. I have them in my GT3 and quite like them. My wife doesn't understand why they're not just included and didn't think it was worth the spend. Maybe I'll choose the carbon ones without illumination as a compromise. With the smoker's package don't you lose the USB ports or something? I wasn't aware that adding that got a bit more carbon. Doesn't that carbon door come on the car without smoker's package?

We live in Nevada. But thanks for bringing that up. I wonder if Nevada has a similar program, but doubtful since we don't pay state income tax.
I think you are right, the Panamera with or w/o smoker package has a carbon fiber door (with the carbon option) on the center console. The Cayenne has an open cubby hole. USB ports are in the center arm rest.

On the sills, the illumination on the e-hybrid is acid green. This kind of bothers me because I ordered my car with the Yellow PCCB calipers (Turbo S, PCCB is standard) instead of the acid green. Only I ever see it gut the acid green sill illumination is the only acid green on my car and it bothers me. I was not going to say it because it is all about personal preference but I do not like the green calipers against the Carmine Red. I would get them in black or a titanium grey.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:27 AM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Having had my car for a month or so here are my ideas as I did similar theme in GT silver.

Sport design at 6k way high and makes car look fat on sides. I painted front fascia car color and it pops over black plastic and it’s only $1200.

Very glad I left mirrors car color as bottom half is black either way. Door handles in black push theme, mirrors step over IMO.

Think twice about PDCC, it’s a car changer.

Illuminated sill great at night.

Car will be amazing in that color! Savor the anticipation lol.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:53 AM
jnolan
Pro

Originally Posted by Outlaw
Having had my car for a month or so here are my ideas as I did similar theme in GT silver.

Sport design at 6k way high and makes car look fat on sides. I painted front fascia car color and it pops over black plastic and it’s only $1200.

Very glad I left mirrors car color as bottom half is black either way. Door handles in black push theme, mirrors step over IMO.

Think twice about PDCC, it’s a car changer.

Illuminated sill great at night.

Car will be amazing in that color! Savor the anticipation lol.
agree on the mirrors. I have black door handles on my Volcano Gray ST and considered black mirrors but glad I went with body color.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:35 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Welcome!

That's a sexy AF build!

I'd also lose the black mirrors, get black calipers, and de-badge. I like less clutter overall

Do you need the Ionizer? It's not that much $, just not sure whether it's worth it even at that price.

I hear you about the power steering plus, but rear wheel steering is an absolute must in this car IMO. It's REALLY big.

Oh, I'd get the seatbelts in some color or another...have fun with it.

My $.02.

I LOVE the way it looks...
Old 05-10-2019, 01:53 PM
jnolan
Pro

light color seat belts discolor over time (dirt, denim ink, etc). I have silver belts in my AMG and it is one of the few options I regret. My 911 and Panamera both have black belts, despite deviated stitching on the interior, and I much prefer them.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Also have you thought about Bordeaux red color on tach and clock? I have on tach and it’s cool.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:26 AM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

This is really strange, but under "performance" in the configurator for 4 e hybrid sport turismo PDCC is not listed. Is it no longer offered on this model?
Old 05-11-2019, 08:54 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

This is really strange, but under "performance" in the configurator for 4 e hybrid sport turismo PDCC is not listed. Is it no longer offered on this model?
here in Europe, it can't be combined with the e-hybrid. For that other things like air suspension or chrono package are free of charge and standard on the car.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:22 AM
Outlaw
Pro

Strange. Because it’s standard on the turbo e hybrid

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E hybrid Spec