Panamera 2010-Current

Aftermarket Floor Mat Set

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 02:16 AM
vkb123
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Aftermarket Floor Mat Set

So...a company called TOPDesign posted a few weeks back looking to give away an aftermarket carpet floor mat set in exchange for an honest review. I was the 1st out of the gate and got a free set to try. In the end, wasn't exactly free as the government made me cough up $35 in taxes and duties to "import" the sample mats as they shipped from China. The company offered to PayPal me this amount but I declined as it didn't feel right. I offered to do a private review and e-mail my thoughts to the company but they wished for an honest forum post so here goes...

Got the mats about a week ago. Came shipped in burlap with plastic wrap. No damage. Black carpet floor mats with contrast white stitching around the border. Compared them to my Porsche O.E.M. mats and they are an exact fit for my 970.2 4S. My O.E.M. mats are pristine as they have been "protected" by all weather mats over top since the car was new. The driver and passenger mats have the fastening points just like the Porsche mats. The rear mats do not have fastening points just like my O.E.M. mats. Nice weight to the mats and a bit thicker than the O.E.M. mats but nothing crazy. The driver and passenger mats are branded TOPDesign and this is quite prominent and a bit too colorful and flashy for my taste. Personally, I prefer the understated Porsche logo on my O.E.M. mats. The rear mats have no logo and tastefully compliment the car.

The TOPDesign mats are black and my O.E.M. mats are grey. Nonetheless, they work well with my interior. I'm not sure if other colors will be available. The contrast stitching around the end may appeal to some but I would prefer black stitching to match the body of the mats as it would blend better (I'm not looking for aftermarket floor mats to be a focal point in my cabin). The mats are soft to touch with good cushioning. They feel a bit "spongy" compared to the carpet feel of the O.E.M. mats.

I can't comment on how well they will hold up with use. I put them in the vehicle and did NOT put the all weather mats over top to protect them so we'll see how they do. I have 2 "tween" children and they sit in the back. They are hard on everything I own so we'll see how well these mats hold up! I'll post again after using the mats for a while.

Overall impression is favorable depending on the eventual price. The O.E.M. Porsche floor mats go for $192 at the dealership and $170 on-line at Suncoast. I asked the company rep about the price point on these mats and he indicated $89 including delivery. Hope this helps and I'm attaching some pics.

Shipping packaging.

Wrapped in plastic.

TopDesign Floor Mat Set.

Driver's floor mat.

Passenger floor mat.

Rear mats.

Passenger mat vs. O.E.M.

Driver's mat vs. O.E.M.

Rear mat #1 vs. O.E.M.

Rear mat #2 vs. O.E.M.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:11 AM
topdesign
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, @vkb123
that's very friendly and generous of you to pay for the duties!
will pack by strong corrugated boxes in retails
And, yes, price probably USD89.00, more or less like this
the black+white stitching, is just in stock, so I send out to you, it's mainly for white cars, and other combination like black+black, black+red, blue+red for different colored cars with different ratio
glad that you like them generally
no printing in future, just plain as the rear
the back layer is strong anti-slip “gecko claw”, it shows well during our testing, anyway, looking forward to your further using and feedback

again, thanks for your time and pics!
Old 05-06-2019, 05:07 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

hey topdesign - if there is no printing, will the area, that is currently printed, then be a carpet material?
Old 05-06-2019, 08:50 AM
topdesign
7th Gear

Originally Posted by rsyed
hey topdesign - if there is no printing, will the area, that is currently printed, then be a carpet material?
Hi man, yes, you are right, it iwill be plain carpet without the corner panel
Old 05-06-2019, 12:08 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

nice write up rsyed, looking forward to the updates on durability - I have a monkey that is hitting the tween stage as well

topdesign, will you be doing lighter colors? my car has a Luxor Beige interior and mats
Old 05-08-2019, 08:57 AM
topdesign
7th Gear

Originally Posted by DogWood
nice write up rsyed, looking forward to the updates on durability - I have a monkey that is hitting the tween stage as well

topdesign, will you be doing lighter colors? my car has a Luxor Beige interior and mats
sorry man, so far, we only make black carpet
Old 05-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

Add a metal foot plate for the drivers side, and Porsche or no logos and im in.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:54 PM
vkb123
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts

As promised, he's my follow-up post on these aftermarket "TOPDesign" floor mats. I've been using them for the last 5 months. Took them out today as it's getting cold and starting to rain here in the Pacific Northwest so it's time to put my all weather mats back in. They have held up extremely well. No signs of wear on the passenger mat or the 2 rear mats. The rear mats even held up to my "tween" kids! The driver's mat shows a "depression" where my heel rests for the gas and brake but no real wear.

I've put my Porsche floor mats back in with the all weather mats over top to protect them. I'm unlikely to use the TOPDesign mats again as I'm not a fan of the prominent logo. Seem durable and if the mats are made without the logo should be a good alternative to O.E.M. mats.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:15 AM
krabman
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

Yeah, that logo would be a non-starter for me. I haven't looked but I'm assuming the stock mats are ridiculously overpriced like everything else Porsche and these sound pretty good if they can be had without the bling on them.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:16 AM
topdesign
7th Gear

Originally Posted by vkb123
As promised, he's my follow-up post on these aftermarket "TOPDesign" floor mats. I've been using them for the last 5 months. Took them out today as it's getting cold and starting to rain here in the Pacific Northwest so it's time to put my all weather mats back in. They have held up extremely well. No signs of wear on the passenger mat or the 2 rear mats. The rear mats even held up to my "tween" kids! The driver's mat shows a "depression" where my heel rests for the gas and brake but no real wear.

I've put my Porsche floor mats back in with the all weather mats over top to protect them. I'm unlikely to use the TOPDesign mats again as I'm not a fan of the prominent logo. Seem durable and if the mats are made without the logo should be a good alternative to O.E.M. mats.
Hi Vic, I'm TOPDesign, thanks for your kind update
Yes, the logo, I persuaded boss to cancel it, now we start from Tesla series on US market, with no logo
for the heel part, yes, it is the most possible to be worn out, however, our quality guarantee is 1year, and usually, it could last at least 2 years, indeed, must admit it is carpet, can't last long as rubber

And also, as factory, did not suggest to use 2 mats together, it is not very safe, take care

Good luck!

Peter

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Floor Mat Set