Looking into buying a PTT-S, need wheel advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 07:21 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Looking into buying a PTT-S, need wheel advice

Gang,
I'm looking to replace my current S7 with a 970 Turbo S. I feel pretty comfortable with the platform, but I do have a (stupid) wheel question. Many of the cars I'm looking at have Panamera 20" Sport wheels and I'm just not a fan especially when painted black. I've been researching here and it looks like a lot of people are putting 22" wheels on the car and I'm not a fan of that either. So, if I wanted to go with a custom set of HRE's for example, do I get 20X10 in the front and 20X11 in the back? If so, what tire size?

I'd be interested if anyone has any brushed silver custom wheels lying around they want to sell too
Old 04-17-2019, 09:12 AM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

I would just get the OEM Turbo II wheels. I think they are hard to beat on looks. I'm surprised you don't already have them. What year of Turbo S? The 2014 get a different wheel. I agree about the 22. They look ok in some configuration but its just not much side wall for practicality. If you go HRE, I would consider 21" as they are kind of a sweet spot for looks for me, but tire choices can get limited, especially for winter......but have stock sets for that.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:26 PM
Deezflip
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Factory specs 9.5J x 20 ET 65, 11J x 20 ET 68

People run 15mm spacers all around making the offsets 50 in the front, 53 in the rear.

All my life I wasn't into black wheels either, but since mine came with them...i've grown to completely liking OEM wheels in black, ...alot. It puts the luxury look of the Panamera into something more sporty.

I know it's contradicting, but I do also agree if I was to buy aftermarket wheels...they would not be black

Quick Reply: Looking into buying a PTT-S, need wheel advice