Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Looking at a 2010 Panamera Turbo (70K Miles)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 11:27 AM
Expat444
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ETL330
Car looks great! Beautiful interior combo. Anyone know when they Panameras got bluetoooth audio? Looked at. 2010 but didn’t seem to have it. Is there an auxiliary jack?
Thanks!
I think both were options as my car has them, if you have an aux jack it will be in the armrest.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:02 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Car looks great! Beautiful interior combo. Anyone know when they Panameras got bluetoooth audio? Looked at. 2010 but didn’t seem to have it. Is there an auxiliary jack?
I don't think bluetooth audio was available until the 2016+ models, while mine has the Bluetooth option it is only for phone functionality I beleive, there is a USB port in the armrest as Expat444 noted.
I have a tiny memory stick with a large capacity and metric butt ton of music on it that I use that port for.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:17 PM
fatpan
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have bluetooth audio stream and phone on my 2012 pcm 3.xxx, Works well.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:44 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

I stand corrected thanks for the info fatpan
Old 04-02-2019, 02:01 PM
fatpan
Intermediate

No worries, Just adding some details. I did have to setup the aux to be BT after connecting my phone to bluetooth. I don't know if a pcm update software will allow the full function but my version is PCM 3.1xx I believe.

link BT as aux

Calling up the external Bluetooth audio source/starting playback
  • Keep pressing the button until the "AUX BT" audio source is highlighted in the bottom line.
    Playback starts automatically if it is supported by the Bluetooth device. It may be necessary to start playback manually on the Bluetooth device.
The mode "AUX BT" is only displayed if there is a corresponding device connected to the interface.

Activating the interface

To use an external Bluetooth audio source, the AUX Bluetooth function must be activated in the "SET DISC / AUX" menu.
  1. Press the button.
  2. Press the button or touch the tab of the same name in the header.
  3. Select "SET DISC / AUX".
    You will only be able to access the "SET DISC / AUX" menu if there is at least one CD/DVD inserted or at least one audio source activated in the menu ( ).
  4. To activate ( ) or deactivate ( ) the function, select "AUX Bluetooth".
    When you deactivate "AUX Bluetooth", the Bluetooth devices are deleted from the list if necessary.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:27 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Just checked my 2010 4S, was able to connect my phone as a Aux source over BT, good info
Old 04-03-2019, 12:22 AM
fatpan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DogWood
Just checked my 2010 4S, was able to connect my phone as a Aux source over BT, good info
very nice Dog! Glad to hear.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:20 AM
nvrsetl
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats! She's beautiful. I live in the Bay Area and planned on looking at that particular car but found mine on the same day you bought yours.

Check out https://vinanalytics.com/ Type in your VIN here and your original build sheet pulls up. It's very cool.

PM if you want to get together.

Cheers.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:11 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts
Talking

My 2010 Panamera S (built 9/09) has Bluetooth and a USB Jack in the Center Compartment which I plug my Music on a Flash Drive into.
Love your interior and especially the wood trim in the car and steering wheel. Obviously personal tastes vary, but the only important one
is what the OWNER Thinks. You'll love the Car - A BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old 04-15-2019, 04:59 AM
TheBauer
Track Day

Originally Posted by DogWood
I don't think bluetooth audio was available until the 2016+ models, while mine has the Bluetooth option it is only for phone functionality I beleive, there is a USB port in the armrest as Expat444 noted.
I have a tiny memory stick with a large capacity and metric butt ton of music on it that I use that port for.
congrats, I just got a 2012 turbo myself. I researched the audio stuff and learned that the bose system supports bluetooth but the high-end Burmester system (optional) that I have as well does not. This maybe due to quality of audio as bluetooth vs direct is a big difference for sure. It took me a while to set-up the burmester. I ended up increasing base by 3 and reducing treble by 2 and I am very happy with the sound. I am using siriusXM and it seems the base is more intense vs radio.

Still learning the kinks but I am more than happy with the purchase and for a 2012/10 this car has a lot to offer.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:06 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBauer
congrats, I just got a 2012 turbo myself. I researched the audio stuff and learned that the bose system supports bluetooth but the high-end Burmester system (optional) that I have as well does not. This maybe due to quality of audio as bluetooth vs direct is a big difference for sure. It took me a while to set-up the burmester. I ended up increasing base by 3 and reducing treble by 2 and I am very happy with the sound. I am using siriusXM and it seems the base is more intense vs radio.

Still learning the kinks but I am more than happy with the purchase and for a 2012/10 this car has a lot to offer.
My 2010 has the Burmester stereo and it has bluetooth. While it works fine, the audio quality is far superior when using the Aux input cable so I don't use the BT connection.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:25 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TheBauer

Mine also has the Burmester system, I used the XM while I had the free period after buying it, was not impressed with the audio quality and then switch to a USB memory stick, I live in the middle of nowhere so streaming audio services aren't a good option.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:25 PM
Fulwild
Rennlist Member

Same as skiracer 2010 turbo with Burmester and have BT. Never use it as direct connect quality is so much better. Try downloading from Tidal if you have it or save some type of lossless to your device. Not sure what formats it can take from flash drive but in general higher quality in = higher quality out.

Last edited by Fulwild; 05-22-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:35 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

I have no issues with connection with quality on my iPhone XS. Compressed radio, xm, and streaming all sound like crap compared to a CD. Be glad our Panny have one!! Try a Cd with the Burmester - that’s a much better test...

Quick Reply: Looking at a 2010 Panamera Turbo (70K Miles)