Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Kamrooz Karimi
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panamera suspension

Hello everyone
for my 970 panamera tt
I just start after long time about 3 months the air suspensione extremely low and compressor start working about few minutes and right side the car raise up but left side still to low and I try few time still compressor work and stop but nothing change passenger side up and driver side low (front and rear)

no air leak because car only 60k and I not hear any air lose
I hold 10 seconds the switch for turn off and on the nothing cheange
I just want to know how long I have to keep engine running to get car level ?
or how can I check if the nitrogen maybe lose ?
Also one time rear diver side raise it up but after jack the car for check sensors back to the low level

Thanks a lot
Old 03-11-2019, 11:08 AM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

The car will self level with the car off. The system constantly levels itself independent of the car running or not.

There are a few threads and I think a sticky at the top about troubleshooting the air suspension. The shocks could have gone bad, the compressor motor could have gone bad, and there is this distribution box thing, that can go bad and not charge the system properly.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:03 PM
Kamrooz Karimi
Track Day

Thanks for your time

I check all suspensions no leak
I check the air compressor
Compressor only start working when engine is on !

I will check another part too

Old 03-13-2019, 01:58 AM
SubzeroX
Racer

I had this exact same problem. At first, the front right would sag down overnight, just a little. Then, when car turned on, within 5 minutes it would rise back up. Over the next month it got worse and worse, finally, it got to a point that the tire would touch the fender and it wouldnt rise. Took it in, and the front right airbag had a small leak then it just broke off. The seal is a rubber piece which probably hards over the years and tears/breaks. Then, after replacing the airbag, the air compressor wasn't able to hold pressure because it was worn out from all the times it would pump the front right up. The valves in it were leaking and it couldn't hold the pressure. So that had to be replaced. I ended up replacing the front right airbag and compressor using OEM but not porsche parts; the bag was i think $800 and compressor $500 both new. I also ended up changing the front left because if the right went, it was only a matter of time before the left. So now i'm with a bit more piece of mind. I posted about this problem a few months ago when it happened.

TLDR: its your airbags - they are leaking. Change them now before it ruins your pump. Then you'll have to change both. Also, buy OEM parts from ebay, just search the part number.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:49 AM
Kamrooz Karimi
Track Day

Thanks for replay SubzeroX

I going to order the air strut

and will back replay here
Old 03-15-2019, 06:30 PM
SubzeroX
Racer

Get it from ebay - it’s much cheaper
Old 03-16-2019, 12:54 AM
Fulwild
Rennlist Member

If the battery is not fully charged the compressor might only work when the engin is running.

Quick Reply: Panamera suspension