2013 Panmera Turbo purchase...maybe

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 06:46 PM
Kainedogg
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2013 Panmera Turbo purchase...maybe

Good evening all.
I am interested in purchasing a 2013 Panamera from a dealership in Tennessee and wanted to hear your thoughts. I am posting the vin and maybe the link if possible. It is a beautiful black on black turbo with 105k miles. I know the PDK's are pretty stout on these cars especially when the car is stock. The CarFax is clean, 3 owner and supposedly no warning lights. It was erroneously listed as an S unfortunately. I was actually in the market for a similar year S8 but at $37k it is similarly priced. I offered them 33k out the door in case I have to turn around and do a clutch job or repair the air suspension. Are there any other specific questions I should be asking? Thoughts?

2013 Porsche Panamera 4dr HB Turbo
Old 03-10-2019, 11:22 PM
Deezflip
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Kainedogg
Good evening all.
I am interested in purchasing a 2013 Panamera from a dealership in Tennessee and wanted to hear your thoughts. I am posting the vin and maybe the link if possible. It is a beautiful black on black turbo with 105k miles. I know the PDK's are pretty stout on these cars especially when the car is stock. The CarFax is clean, 3 owner and supposedly no warning lights. It was erroneously listed as an S unfortunately. I was actually in the market for a similar year S8 but at $37k it is similarly priced. I offered them 33k out the door in case I have to turn around and do a clutch job or repair the air suspension. Are there any other specific questions I should be asking? Thoughts?

2013 Porsche Panamera 4dr HB Turbo
Rotors look like they can be changed also. It erks me too when they list PTT as PTTS. Almost like a click bait and thinking you're getting a great deal.

With this Panamera being a PTT, you should just check out other PTT with similar in price. Might be a year or two older, but with lesser miles. Good luck
Old 03-11-2019, 11:05 AM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

Man those 2010-2013 really take a hit when they go over 100k miles.

What options does it have? PASM, PVT, PDCC? Get a build sheet, and or use a vin decoder online. Sport chrono, sport exhaust, adaptive cruise, burmester, insulated glass, lane assist, window screens, 4 way climate, which seats etc etc? There are a crap ton of different options.

Personally, if you're already spending low 30's, I'd look for car with half the miles and pay a little more. That being said, with that many miles you want to have a history of the car's maintenance. It should be out of the recall years I think for the cam bolts but I would still run the vin on the Porsche web site.

Id want to know when the PDK, brakes, diff fluid, spark plugs, coolant etc was all changed out. That should have been done at least once across the board. If it hasn't I would make getting those things done as part of the purchase. It also could identify some things while that's being done.

The cars seem to be pretty reliable, although there aren't a ton running around with 100k+ miles, or there are and they are still pretty good and people haven't been complaining about them! That's also a good sign.

Air suspension, front control arm bushings, seem to be the most frequent system replacements. Not a ton of PDK issues from what I've been reading and looking for. Not a lot of engine failures other than what was related to a recall for cam bolts. AH08 maybe is it? 2010-2012 had a turbo recall. Some people have had issues with the glue on the coolant pipes failing. The Air/Oil separator can fail, and you'll notice some extra vacuum with the oil cap off and the car burns oil much faster between changes. Do some searching here and you should find most of the answers you seek.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:39 PM
Kainedogg
Track Day

Thanks Paul. It has the Burmester, Sport chrono, sport exhaust, adaptive cruise, , insulated glass, lane assist, window screens & 4 way climate control. The last owner had the fuel pump replaced & the horn. Not much else. I've been looking all day for its service history. It might be a decent deal at 30k. After that I am more leery.
https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AC2A73DL090266/
Old 03-15-2019, 04:36 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

I don't think its a terrible price, but personally I would hold out for a car with the PASM and PDCC - It REALLY makes the car. The PVT is also worth it but you can probably live without it.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=232576458

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=229443670
Old 03-22-2019, 01:21 AM
2013PTTOwner
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For sale in FL or TN?

I just put that VIN number in Google and it seems like there are two listings for the same car, using the same picture. One in Melbourne FL and the other in TN. The mileage is the same, but there is a $15k price difference.

Something seems fishy, I would make sure you do your research! I have a few free AutoChecks left, let me know if you want me to run it.

Good Luck!
Old 03-30-2019, 04:28 PM
ETL330
Intermediate

is pdcc on these cars really a must have? I can see it making a big impact on the cayenne, but it seems hard to find on Pannys. Any input would be muchhh appreciated

Trending Topics

Old 03-30-2019, 04:30 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

the cars handle very well without it(for a big car), but the pdcc takes it to a new level.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:42 AM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Originally Posted by DogWood
the cars handle very well without it(for a big car), but the pdcc takes it to a new level.
yes. Honestly it shouldn’t even be an option on the 4S on up. It should be standard, but.....Porsche. Same with PASM.

The PVT+ maybe can be left out as it’s really only utilized while driving aggressively; however, it’s also one reasons the Turbo S can put down the power merging into traffic and when driving fun. It’s also helps separate the panamera from the the feel of the RS7 I had which was squirmy under WOT. Still really good just not Porsche good.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:00 PM
Fulwild
Rennlist Member

PDCC is pretty amazing. With PDCC you also get PVT+ (At least you did for 2010 MY) https://www.excellence-mag.com/of-no...g#.XKEy3C_Mwn0

I think all Turbos have Air Suspension with PASM. Sport Plus comes with the Sport Chrono and you get the 10% for 10 Sec over boost with Sport Chrono and Turbo.

Burmester is great on used cars as it does not seem to generate much of an upcharge. Take it off the table with "I only listen to Talk Radio".

Any car of this vintage from Florida you probably want to look for water damage. Not sure how. Drop the underbody tray and look for seaweed? Hurricanes Sept 2017 SW Florida, and Oct 2018 in the Panhandle.

Over 100K you are venturing where apparently few have yet tread at least with the Panameras.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:06 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

The Burnmester isn't as earth shatteringly great as I thought it would be, but I must say when listening to CD's its WAY better at higher volumes. For MP3, radio and streaming there isn't a huge difference, but it was a must have for me since it really doesn't change the price of a used car much.

My research told me that PVT+ is an additional option on the Turbo, and you have to have the PDCC in order to get it. I found very few Turbos with PVT+, and quite a few that didn't have PDCC (most do, but I don't think its standard). This is one reason I went for the S because it does have all that stuff as standard. This might vary based on years. Perhaps on the 970.1 the PDCC and PVT is standard, but not when I was researching the 2010-2012 (but I could still be wrong). Id make sure before you purchase.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:22 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Rathjen
The Burnmester isn't as earth shatteringly great as I thought it would be, but I must say when listening to CD's its WAY better at higher volumes. For MP3, radio and streaming there isn't a huge difference, but it was a must have for me since it really doesn't change the price of a used car much.

My research told me that PVT+ is an additional option on the Turbo, and you have to have the PDCC in order to get it. I found very few Turbos with PVT+, and quite a few that didn't have PDCC (most do, but I don't think its standard). This is one reason I went for the S because it does have all that stuff as standard. This might vary based on years. Perhaps on the 970.1 the PDCC and PVT is standard, but not when I was researching the 2010-2012 (but I could still be wrong). Id make sure before you purchase.
This cuts to the heart of the conventional wisdom that says that when buying new, the best bet is to lightly option whatever model you get, as most options depreciate viciously e.g. better to spring for a lightly optioned Turbo than get a heavily optioned S.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Kainedogg
Track Day

Originally Posted by 2013PTTOwner
I just put that VIN number in Google and it seems like there are two listings for the same car, using the same picture. One in Melbourne FL and the other in TN. The mileage is the same, but there is a $15k price difference.

Something seems fishy, I would make sure you do your research! I have a few free AutoChecks left, let me know if you want me to run it.

Good Luck!
Thanks bro. Dealer would not budge on the price. I offered 35k and they said no. The search continues.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:28 PM
mikelectic
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A better one will come along. When I was doing my searching I'd thought I'd lost out on a good deal but an even better one came along with exactly all the options I wanted. Keep us posted!
Old 04-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

For sure. Wait for the exact car you want. It’s a big purchase and typically If you’ve decided to buy a Panamera you’re a picky car enthusiast who likes the car for the right reasons and have said to yourself “the hell with the haters”. Get the exact car that you want down to the stereo system.

I almost bought 2 Panamera turbos over the course of 3 years. Both we couldn’t quite agree on price or I found out they didn’t have the active handing options I wanted. I ended up in a Turbo S with everything I was looking for, for way less than the turbos and with lower miles. I took the time to really get to know the options of the cars.

Quick Reply: 2013 Panmera Turbo purchase...maybe