Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Joining the club!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 04:27 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Joining the club!

Count me IN. Just signed and sent a wire as a down payment on a brand new 2018 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo! Pretty much a dream car, and one I couldn't/wouldn't have gotten without the help of many of you here on the forum. It was here that I learned how aggressive dealers were being in their efforts to move 2018 metal still on the lot, especially Turbo STs. WOW did I get a smoking deal (if I do say so myself, thanks to your help ) and MAN am I excited! Thank you too for all those who chimed in about what I should ask the dealer to do as additional prep given the length of time the vehicle was at the dealership.

Anyway, THANK YOU ALL.

It's Agate Gray metallic (which I notice is not offered for 2019...interesting), with the beige/brown interior, and otherwise spec'd pretty much exactly as I would've ordered. I could quibble here/there on the build, but I will not! My original intention was to order a Cayenne Turbo build in the $145k range, but I was able to beat that for a Turbo ST with a $182k MSRP (!) Incredible. Now all I have to do is wait, as I'm traveling the next couple weeks and so the dealer is arranging transport for just after I return.

I'm sure I'll be back with all those annoying newbie questions. I have the Good to Know app ready to go with me on my travels...

Old 02-13-2019, 05:05 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Congrats! looks like you got a beauty
Old 02-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

She’s a looker. Congrats again.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:44 PM
FC356
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Congrats....That is a beautiful combination ....I could not pass up a similar deal on a loaded ST 4....I'm really enjoying mine....and looking forward to road trip to Werks Reunion at Amelia Island in 2 weeks...
Frank
Old 02-13-2019, 09:16 PM
NJRon
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Very beautiful! Congrats and enjoy!!!!
Old 02-13-2019, 09:27 PM
hdavidson
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Gorgeous. Seeing all these Sport Turismos makes me want to update my GTS build to ST.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:35 PM
Steve48
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Great spec, congrats!!
Old 02-14-2019, 09:44 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by FC356
Congrats....That is a beautiful combination ....I could not pass up a similar deal on a loaded ST 4....I'm really enjoying mine....and looking forward to road trip to Werks Reunion at Amelia Island in 2 weeks...
Frank
Have fun at Werks! Planning a road trip to eat up some of the break in sooner rather than later Haven’t decided where yet.

Originally Posted by hdavidson
Gorgeous. Seeing all these Sport Turismos makes me want to update my GTS build to ST.
I say do it! Even though “by the numbers” the ST isn’t that much bigger, functionally and perceptibly it makes a noticeable difference IMO. The back seat feels more roomy, and the trunk space is a little more functional as well as a lot easier to access which was a big draw for me.

Cant go wrong either way of course!
Old 02-15-2019, 08:23 AM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice!! Enjoy your new ride!
Old 02-15-2019, 10:46 AM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts

Congratulations on a beautiful car! Did you really get over $40k knocked off the purchase price? Seems unheard of for a new P-car.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:31 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by skiracer
Congratulations on a beautiful car! Did you really get over $40k knocked off the purchase price? Seems unheard of for a new P-car.
I did! Sort of. I use that as shorthand, but the details are:

$182k MSRP, selling price of $152k ($30k off).

BUT I was somewhere between $10k and $13k underwater on my trade, a Volvo lease with a $55k buy out against a $42k-45k market value (depending on which dealer I spoke with). The dealer applied something like $4800 in incentives on the PTT (on top of the $30k discount), and ate the rest of the negative equity. So, from my perspective, the Volvo just "went away" despite being well under water.

AND, the $2500 for round trip shipping (PTT to me, Volvo back to them) also 'disappears' in the transaction.

So, net net I'm paying $152k, including round trip vehicle transportation, and got out of the Volvo without laying out any cash toward the $10k+ negative equity. Perhaps the most accurate way to quantify all this is to say that I got about $45k in total "value" in the transaction.

I am happy, to put it mildly. Also worth noting, this vehicle had been delivered to them in October of 2017 (!) so had been sitting around for a long time, explaining their motivation at this point. (I did receive a report of vehicle movement...they move cars at least every 2 weeks...had about 216 miles on it but still "new" from a warranty perspective).
Old 02-24-2019, 08:07 PM
ScreaM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Agate Grey looks pretty sharp! Wonder why it's not offered for 2019 as we would pick this over Volcano Grey, which is a little too dark for our liking.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:06 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ScreaM
Congrats! Agate Grey looks pretty sharp! Wonder why it's not offered for 2019 as we would pick this over Volcano Grey, which is a little too dark for our liking.
Thanks! I do wonder about the color selection. I guess the answer must be something about variety? Or somehow reducing the # of used cars of a given color? Or maybe no one was choosing Agate so they phased it out?

Makes little sense to me. It’d be interesting to get the real answer.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:42 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

The eagle landed last night at about 9pm. I guess the transport guy understood that I didn't want to wait another day to get my car LOL. It was dark obviously and I didn't want to get too carried away so I only took it on a 20 minute drive. So far, so good. The night vision thing is wild. Can't wait to break her in and have some fun. In the meantime, I awoke to this this morning:

I take the kids to school, but since this is a brand new car that I'm not familiar with, and which is wearing summer tires, I took my wife's Land Rover instead Today is going to be painful until the roads are cleared. Anyway, happy to have taken delivery!
Old 03-01-2019, 09:53 AM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Finally. No garage??

What state are you in?

Quick Reply: Joining the club!