Panamera 2010-Current

2018 e-hybrid - locking, charging, alarm going off

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 12:55 AM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Default 2018 e-hybrid - locking, charging, alarm going off

2018 Turbo S e-hybrid Sport Turismo. If I park the car, plug in the charger, and lock the car using the key fob, about 15 minutes later the alarm will trigger (alarm horn, lights flashing, very annoying). If I park the car and lock it, no alarm. If I park it, plug in the charger and do NOT lock it, no alarm.

I have gone through the manual and before I head back to the dealer I wanted to throw it out here to see if I am missing anything.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:01 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I am wondering if the flap has a link to the alarm system, and when its open for charging but car locked maybe the car thinks something is unlocked.
Mind you it would pip the alarm to let you know or not lock at all ?

Have you had the flap hinge mod ?
My colleague had that last week and the car no longer charges- its been back 4 times and in again today, we keep telling them they must have done something when they did the new flap mod ?
If you have had the mod maybe its something like that ?
Old 02-13-2019, 10:00 AM
jnolan
Pro

I bought the car and had it for just a few hours before the check engine light came on. It was at the dealer for 24 days. I got it back on monday and the alarm thing happened on the first night back, and then again last night. After having the car for just a couple of days, I’m reluctant to take it back to the dealer, but it sounds like I will have to.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:52 PM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jnolan
I bought the car and had it for just a few hours before the check engine light came on. It was at the dealer for 24 days. I got it back on monday and the alarm thing happened on the first night back, and then again last night. After having the car for just a couple of days, I’m reluctant to take it back to the dealer, but it sounds like I will have to.
Think so
The prob with some of the "gremlin" issues, it seems to end up in several trips back and forth with the dealer before they finally sort it.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:52 PM
jnolan
Pro

Porsche sent a technician to my house with the diagnostic computer. He was able to trace the alarm triggering events to the Metromile insurance device plugged into the OBDII port. This is interesting because my 2017 Carrera GTS has the same insurance device and no problems.

Quick Reply: 2018 e-hybrid - locking, charging, alarm going off