Panamera 2010-Current

Bilstein air strut

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 09:40 PM
TRM04
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bilstein air strut

Can we confirm if Bilstein makes a replacement air strut for a 970?
Old 02-12-2019, 11:35 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

they only list parts for the Macan and Cayenne

https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/airspring/
Old 03-04-2020, 01:34 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I could hijack this thread for a minute, I installed four new Aerosus struts for my 958. Prior to that the pump failed and a new pump was installed. The shop that installed the pump said that new airbags were needed. I wasn't sure but I replaced them anyways. I figured what could go wrong with installing four new struts and they were only about $3100 after customs fees and the installation was easy to do myself.

After installing and charging the system with nitrogen, whenever I would drive I would get the warning on the dash Chassis Failure. At this point all of the active suspension stuff turns off.

If I would shut off the vehicle, it would reset. I could adjust height and so on (so all that was working), but after a short amount of time of driving the error would return.

One of the codes had to do with the valve block, intermittent performance or something. Changed the valve block but the error would remain. I could even clear the error and without touching anything it would reappear immediately. I think it was 000134 or something like that. Also a generic "suspension too high or too low" code.

So I took it to the dealer to reflash the computer. They spent several hours trying to figure out why the system kept failing. No luck.

Kept getting the error code after the dealer visit, but then it started working fine (no error after several hours of driving where it usually came on after minutes), but the compressor seemed to be running a bit too much and it still had the valve block error code.

Took it back to the dealer. They said they cleared the codes and it was good. Drove it off the lot and the error popped back up.

Dealer is saying that it's probably because of the aftermarket parts. I'm not saying it isn't, but the codes coming up are NOT strut related. And to further confuse, Aerosus seems to have a great reputation here:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/aerosus.com 4.7 out of over 1000 reviews leads me to believe their stuff is typically OK. (on another site I saw multiple complaints that they don't like to honor their two year warranty, so buyers beware)

Now I don't know what direction to go. The car seems to be happy on comfort or normal mode. It seems to glitch more on sport or if I'm adjusting while driving.

I thought maybe simplest just to rebuild my factory struts and put them back on but was just quoted $13,231.77 for the parts. No thanks.

Now I'm wondering if the only thing I haven't replaced, the level sensors, could be at fault??

Any thoughts??

TIA

Quick Reply: Bilstein air strut