Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

NEED HELP! Very Little Interior Heat!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 12:52 AM
vkb123
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts
Default NEED HELP! Very Little Interior Heat!

Hi all! It's cool here in the Pacific Northwest and I'm having issues with poor interior heat. Have a 2014 4S with 4-zone climate control. Last few weeks luke warm air is coming out the vents even though I have the heat cranked up. Coolant temperature and oil temperature show the car is good and hot but getting very little heat inside the cabin. Thank goodness for heated seats and heated steering wheel otherwise I'd be an ice cube. Anyone else had this problem? I'm taking it in to my independent Porsche shop on Friday but hoping to have some thoughts on what might be the problem. I've read on the 911 forums (997 and 991) that they have issues with the "change over valve and solenoid". Not sure if this also applies to the PTT? Ideas? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:30 AM
Karan Mutti
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vkb123
Hi all! It's cool here in the Pacific Northwest and I'm having issues with poor interior heat. Have a 2014 4S with 4-zone climate control. Last few weeks luke warm air is coming out the vents even though I have the heat cranked up. Coolant temperature and oil temperature show the car is good and hot but getting very little heat inside the cabin. Thank goodness for heated seats and heated steering wheel otherwise I'd be an ice cube. Anyone else had this problem? I'm taking it into my independent Porsche shop on Friday but hoping to have some thoughts on what might be the problem. I've read on the 911 forums (997 and 991) that they have issues with the "change over valve and solenoid". Not sure if this also applies to the PTT? Ideas? Thanks in advance.
Hey, I've had the same issue in my 2016 Panamera. It's extremely weird. 1-minute it'll be blowing nice heat and all of a sudden it starts blowing luke warm air.
But it's only happened to me a few times (most probably due to me living in good ole warm Texas). hope you find out what it is!
Old 02-10-2019, 02:09 AM
vkb123
Racer

Thanks for your post. We must be only only Panny owners out there who have had this issue.

Here’s the update. Also noticed that the Homelink button on the roof panel stopped working (press button to open the garage door and the middle “II” button light just flashes but garage door doesn’t raise). This is the 2nd time this has occurred in my ownership. The 1st time I brought the issue to the attention of my local Porsche dealership. They said that they have seen this issue happen if all the seat position memory buttons (drivers and passenger sides) are not programmed. Seemed fishy to me but took their word on it. They programmed all the seat memory buttons and I reprogrammed the Homelink button and all worked fine...until now. This time I do the same process and Homelink works again and now I have interior heat! Crazy! Not sure how it is all connected? Battery is good...I plug it into a Porsche Charge-O-Mat Pro almost every night since car was almost new.

Anyways, car now at my Indy shop for diagnostic work...they tell me the whole seat and Homelink button thing seems fishy too. Solid independent Porsche shop so trust them to dig into the issue and not just brush me off. Car is covered by extended warranty so hope they find the problem. Will post more when I find out.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:43 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So my 2017 is in with the same issue, apparently a broken servo that then confuses the system.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:10 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

To be honest I find the heating system quite bizarre.
Sometimes my centre vent just blows cold, and points to the nearside (UK), then at some point whilst I am pressing this that and the other it starts to work again and point to me.
Sometimes vents have hardly any air coming out, and sometimes they suddenly blast loads - and nothing on auto.

Also, the REST mode - ? wife accidentally pressed it - the first time in a year, for the love of god we could not turn it off. Engine was cold, and so were we. Even after an hour stopped whilst shopping it was back on when we got in.
Ignore the manual. Only thing that turned it off for me was pressing SYNC button.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:01 PM
vkb123
Racer

Just heard back from my Porsche indy shop. Pulled fault code and issue is the “heater control valve”. Did quick search and 2 other posts on 6Speed about this same issue. They are putting the claim through my extended warranty. Will have car back at end of week and will confirm if issue is resolved. Will post again later once I confirm issue is fixed.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:58 PM
vkb123
Racer

Confirmed issue was the heater control valve. Replaced under extended warranty by indy Porsche shop. Toasty warm once again! Hope this helps other Rennlisters who might experience the same symptoms.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:36 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

I haven't exactly had it fail, but I do find the operation and the temps that come out of where, very odd.

I wonder if mine is going bad.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:43 PM
vkb123
Racer

Dealer or indy shop can hook up to diagnostic tool and check for faults. That's how my shop isolated the problem. I'm toasty warm again. If you have a Durametric you can probably check for a fault code yourself. Cost to fix was about a $1000 (CAD) - luckily my car is still covered under extended warranty.
May want to get it checked next time you're in for service. Good luck!

Quick Reply: NEED HELP! Very Little Interior Heat!