Panamera 2010-Current

971 DME failure

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 11:17 AM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Default 971 DME failure

The Turbo S E-hybrid Sport Turismo that I purchased a couple of weeks ago has been sitting at the dealer from day one with a Check Engine light. Originally thought to be the evap sensor, which checked out according the 8 page diagnostics routine that Porsche publishes but was replaced anyways didn’t clear the error. A PCNA tech came out to the dealership and traced the failure back to the DME. I have not previously heard of this component failing, much less in a car with just 60 miles on it. Has anyone on this forum experienced this?
Old 01-31-2019, 11:38 AM
Botox
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My 2018 Panamera Turbo S powertrain has been flawless, love the car. Had to have Homelink replaced, rear suspension recall done, but other than that is outstanding vehicle.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:31 PM
Djpeaksd
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Botox
My 2018 Panamera Turbo S powertrain has been flawless, love the car. Had to have Homelink replaced, rear suspension recall done, but other than that is outstanding vehicle.
Not to thread jack here but what is this rear suspension recall you speak of?
Old 01-31-2019, 12:53 PM
Botox
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

There is a recall on most Panamera's for the rear suspension link to strengthen it secondary to the torque demands. My model S had a simialar upgrade when they change rear link to Model X part. Your local dealer should be aware, and there is a also a front brake line recall, but my car wasn't affected.

Quick Reply: 971 DME failure