Panamera 2010-Current

DIY:Porsche logo door courtesy light swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 01:04 PM
HankB
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skiracer
I just installed my set and it's the best <$40 upgrade I've done yet. I think they look great and free shipping from China (how can they do that at <$10 ea?) didn't take very long at all.
One could say one more way China's gov't tips the scales for the home team. Buy an Apple product from Apple on line and it is shipped to you direct from China. Part of it is the power of cloud computing that allows such a long and precise supply chain/distribution channel, but part is also friendly postage rates. It's not just China, the UK royal mail provides the same break to UK companies. There is a company in the UK that makes table tops for boats out of teak veneer. They can ship a table top from the UK to the US for less than you can ship from US origin to US destination. At the heart of it is a Treaty that created low international postage rates to promote mom and pop trade. And a result (without any political message), is that a very large portion of the flow of Opioids entering the US are coming from overseas locations like China and delivered by the USPS.
Old 01-26-2019, 04:29 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

These look pretty good!

I had these on my RS7. Do they have a bit less usable light than stock or does the project image produce about the same amount of puddle light? I actually kind of want lighted door sills over puddle lights but this could be an option...
Old 01-26-2019, 08:23 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

I’d do this upgrade. Mercedes offers logo projector courtesy lights; I was disappointed that I couldn’t get this on my Panamera when I spec’ed it. $30 for doing it myself is most certainly a fraction of the cost of adding it as an option in a new build.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:18 AM
ciaka
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 41 Posts

These do illum im nate ground next to car pretty well.

Originally Posted by Paul Rathjen
These look pretty good!

I had these on my RS7. Do they have a bit less usable light than stock or does the project image produce about the same amount of puddle light? I actually kind of want lighted door sills over puddle lights but this could be an option...

Quick Reply: DIY:Porsche logo door courtesy light swap