Panamera 2010-Current

Odd Issue with radio : 2012 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 11:04 AM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Odd Issue with radio : 2012 Turbo S

First gremlin since buying the car other than the heated steering wheel doesn't work off and on.

Radio / PCM will shut it self off while driving. I hit the button and it came back on. Now when I put in park and shut the car off, the radio will stay on even after the door is opened and I walk away from the car. Car is completely off, looks like PCM is in off mode (Porsche car icon in the mini screen) but the radio stay on until the car shuts it off after one minute to preserve battery.

Any ideas?
Old 01-14-2019, 12:19 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Ghost of dead Rockers?

Sounds like it might be a bad switch or relay some where or possible a cracked wire in the door harness - won't be fun to track that one down

I say that because it turns off while driving (vibration) yet doesn't turn off when the door is open....

I've never tried this so don't know if it matter, but you could try open the passenger side door and see if it turns it off (I know this works on my wife's Jeep - doesn't matter which door is open the radio is turned off)

best guess.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:06 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

How good is your battery? These cars are very sensitive and obscure systems can be affected - hopefully it's as simple as something like a new battery. I was running into intermittent issues and determined that my original battery just couldn't cut it after 8 years of service. Everything has been good since I replaced it.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:41 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

The battery will be the first thing to check and may be related to the heated steering wheel issue as well.

The voltage holds just under 15.

I took the car out and drove it up to operating temp for 10 minutes or so. After that the issue with the radio has gone away. I will see if it repeats when its cold in the morning. This also makes me think the battery should be replaced.

Quick Reply: Odd Issue with radio : 2012 Turbo S