Panamera 2010-Current

My recently purchased 971 Panamera Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 07:09 PM
Djpeaksd
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default My new to me 971 Panamera Turbo Update:Calipers painted

Ok guys I know I posted some initial pics of my car but now that it is home and I have driven it for a few days, I wanted to start a thread with some more pics and this will be my designated build thread. I will want to get some feedback from you guys on certain items as well.

Story: I have had a 2016 Audi S7 which has been a fantastic car and love the Audi brand but knew my timing would be off to get a redesigned RS7 so started strongly considering the facelift Panamera. I was looking for the last few months. I am pretty particular with specs and since options are plentiful on the Panamera, I knew the search would take some time. I saw this particular one at a Volvo dealership of all places. Originally for sale for $145K. It was a little out of my price range, and had a couple of cosmetic things that I wasn't comfortable with based on pictures so didn't do anything. Watched it for a few weeks and they dropped the price to $140K. That got me to call them and talk to the GM about the car and the process. The GM agreed to take the car to Loeber Porsche where it was purchased from about 20 minutes away to do a full PPI inspection, if I paid for it. I figured it was worth the $400 bucks for me to get some piece of mind before I flew out there. PPI inspection came back great, and found out through that process that the previous owner purchased a maintenance plan through the 40K mile service, (huge bonus) and apparantly costs around $4,000. Thats when I decided to put down a deposit and take the red eye out to Chicago and check it out.

Once I got their the car looked way better in person than in pictures. This Volvo dealership did a horrible job marketing this thing, IE. bad pictures, leaving out the fact there was a maintenance plan and also not knowing the whole front end was clear bra'd along with the whole rear end, which was great for me. So I reached out to JP logistics and arranged a closed trailer transport for my car from Chicago to San Diego. The cost was $2,100 and the dealership agreed to pay for that. So in the end the car had a $192K sticker price one year ago and I got it for $138K, I feel pretty good about that. Back story is this car was owned by a Chicago Bull and just didn't fit in the car that well as he is close to 7 feet tall, so he traded it in on an XC90, but took a $50K + bath in the meantime. All in all I am very very happy with this car. I really don't like these wheels at all and want to get some new ones. Here are some issues I am having with the car.

1. Panoramic roof is creaking (just took into service and they said they can't replicate it) Super annoying and I find that is dealerships go to. Does anyone who has gotten the creak fixed by the dealer know what they actually did to fix this? I am super sensitive to rattles in my car.
2. I was thinking about going with 22's but can't find any tires with the appropriate load ratings for this car. What are you guys that have 22's doing for tires?
3. Cant seem to find any display in the menu that shows mpg or current MPG. I obviously didn't buy this thing for gas mileage but kind of like seeing it. Am I missing something?
4. Either this Volvo dealership or Loeber Porsche drilled the front bumper for a plate So I was thinking, Ok well I will just get some color matched bumper plugs. I just took off the frame last night, and not only is there 4 holed but there are two more partial holes from someone attaching the actual plate. I am so pissed. Not sure what to do since the whole front bumper is clear bra'd. Should I take off the clear brah to fill and fix the holes or just live with a front plate?

5. I have noticed this on Porsche's in the past but what is up with the cheap film they use on the side of the car? This thing is a year old and the film on the rear doors and on the spoiler when open is starting to turn yellow! Have any of you guys noticed that? And if so did you just take it off?

Thats all I can think of now, onto the good part, the pictures. Just realized this is a long post now, sorry. I was very active over at Audizine and plan on doing the same here.
Name:  t02suGn.jpg
Views: 1712
Size:  3.24 MB
Name:  UfxRgOM.jpg
Views: 1707
Size:  2.77 MB
Name:  vztPdwc.jpg
Views: 1710
Size:  826.4 KB
Name:  OTJdvPf.jpg
Views: 1699
Size:  2.78 MB
Name:  tOxoB8l.jpg
Views: 1721
Size:  2.66 MB
Name:  947X29k.jpg
Views: 1698
Size:  2.56 MB
Name:  JnAtziX.jpg
Views: 1711
Size:  2.61 MB
Name:  ElJSk0y.jpg
Views: 1701
Size:  2.64 MB
Name:  fygR4JW.jpg
Views: 1690
Size:  2.11 MB
Name:  WgVzZpY.jpg
Views: 1690
Size:  503.0 KB
Name:  KAKslzB.jpg
Views: 1723
Size:  2.55 MB
Name:  Ny7jBuH.jpg
Views: 1697
Size:  2.19 MB
Name:  wFilYIQ.jpg
Views: 1737
Size:  3.06 MB

Last edited by Djpeaksd; 11-26-2018 at 01:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BUZO JOE (08-13-2021)
Old 11-20-2018, 12:03 AM
Santa Cruz Red
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Beautiful S7... the Porsche Turbo's pretty cool too! Having come recently from the 4-rings myself, can testify that a spirited drive in the twisties with the "P" car will be a revelation. Not that the S7 is in any way bad... but the "P" car is rather, ah... better.

... cute kiddos!
Old 11-20-2018, 04:29 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Been following your story on the other thread - glad it worked out fine.

Coming from any other brand, the first shock of driving a Porsche is not having the current MPG displayed anywhere. I assume it goes with the fact that anyone who drives such a car should not care about the MPG :-)
Old 11-20-2018, 12:36 PM
Brett - 1996 C4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Get the Porsche side film replaced sooner rather than later. I've put off doing that on my 993 and now find it's going to be a two-day process to get the stone guards steamed off.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:45 PM
Djpeaksd
Advanced

Originally Posted by Santa Cruz Red
Beautiful S7... the Porsche Turbo's pretty cool too! Having come recently from the 4-rings myself, can testify that a spirited drive in the twisties with the "P" car will be a revelation. Not that the S7 is in any way bad... but the "P" car is rather, ah... better.

... cute kiddos!
You are right! The handling is night and day different from my S7, very impressive. Love your bumper sticker btw!
Old 11-20-2018, 12:45 PM
Djpeaksd
Advanced

Originally Posted by Brett - 1996 C4
Get the Porsche side film replaced sooner rather than later. I've put off doing that on my 993 and now find it's going to be a two-day process to get the stone guards steamed off.
Yeah I am going to get it off very soon. So confused at why Porsche uses such a cheap material!
Old 11-20-2018, 05:16 PM
zelement
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you in Encinitas? I have seen your Q7 around town. Recognize the plate
Old 11-20-2018, 06:41 PM
Djpeaksd
Advanced

Originally Posted by zelement
Are you in Encinitas? I have seen your Q7 around town. Recognize the plate
Hahaha, yeah thats me!!! You too?
Old 11-21-2018, 05:40 PM
zelement
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Djpeaksd
Hahaha, yeah thats me!!! You too?
I am in La Costa. Small world. I'll see you around...

I have a white 4S with black wheels and yellow brakes.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:32 PM
Djpeaksd
Advanced

Originally Posted by zelement
I am in La Costa. Small world. I'll see you around...

I have a white 4S with black wheels and yellow brakes.
Awesome! Il keep my eyes peeled for you!!
Old 11-24-2018, 01:53 PM
Archer1021
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

That RS7 is sharp, but the Panamera turbo in white with the body color kit, rim and tailight combo is next level.

I’m truly torn between white exterior and black but would get my next one in white exactly like
yours

truly a beauty, congrats and drive safe
Old 11-24-2018, 02:00 PM
Archer1021
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Also re reading your original post,

i had the same roof creak when approaching inclines, they fixed it, they said the sun shade needed to be adjusted.

also had a light rattle in my passenger front speaker, which was annoying over bumpy roads, couldn’t believe they fixed it. I didn’t buy my car at the dealer where I serviced because the sales people stink but the service department has been very accommodating.

although they drag everything out, it takes 4-5 days in service every time I take it in, but I guess if they find the problem then worth it.
The following users liked this post:
Maxsar (02-13-2020)
Old 11-26-2018, 07:21 AM
RDS928S
Rennlist Member

Received 678 Likes on 307 Posts
Default Go with 265-22 & 315 -22

Old 11-26-2018, 01:41 PM
Djpeaksd
Advanced

Originally Posted by RDS928S

Yup, I ordered the same exact tires. New wheels should be here in a couple of weeks.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:50 PM
Djpeaksd
Advanced

Name:  yktdd53.jpg
Views: 1696
Size:  1.75 MB
Name:  1fpcL8x.jpg
Views: 1697
Size:  2.26 MB

Quick Reply: My recently purchased 971 Panamera Turbo