Panamera 2010-Current

Turbo sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 10:39 AM
Mike3141
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo sway bars

Does a stock 2011 Panny Turbo have a sway bar? From what I can tell the air suspension / PASM is neat to change ride height but does little to change ride stiffness. Even in sport+ there seems to be lots of roll.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:30 PM
dudecs
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

PASM with or without air suspension only affects suspension firmness. PASM with air suspension controls ride height. Neither controls body-roll. Check your car's configuration to see if it has "PDCC with PTV+". This is the option/feature that will provide active body-roll control.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:45 PM
Mike3141
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the best sway bars to add on a Panny TurboS? I like the air ride-height adjustment. Don’t like the body roll. Would be cool if this were cabin-adjustable also.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:20 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

As stated PDCC is the active roll bar system. Its only standard on the Turbo S. It makes a HUGE difference.
PASM is the suspension / ride adjustment.

You think the Panamera Turbo S in sport chrono has too much body roll? Not to sound jerkish but, if that's the case the Panamera is not the car for you. Its very stiff in sport chrono but perfectly livable, and I actually like the sure footed tightness of it. I wouldn't call is harsh. Even in comfort mode, the car is not sloppy and is still way more stable than most sport sedans in their version of sport mode. I would make sure everything is functioning properly, because the Turbo S is PLENTY stiff.

You have to remember that the Panamera is a very large heavy car with a long wheel base. If you toss 4500 lbs around without even the slightest bit of body roll, then the car is going to feel like a brick hitting the pavement. No way I'd want the car stiffer.

One thing you could try, is getting adjustable end links, which will give you the option of lowering the car in all mods a bit, and would make the car feel a little stiffer and tighter. You'd probably get a bit less body roll *** well. It would be cheap, and its easily reversible. The jury is out on if it places addition stress and risk on the pasm system.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:34 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Rathjen
As stated PDCC is the active roll bar system. Its only standard on the Turbo S. It makes a HUGE difference.
PASM is the suspension / ride adjustment.

You think the Panamera Turbo S in sport chrono has too much body roll? Not to sound jerkish but, if that's the case the Panamera is not the car for you. Its very stiff in sport chrono but perfectly livable, and I actually like the sure footed tightness of it. I wouldn't call is harsh. Even in comfort mode, the car is not sloppy and is still way more stable than most sport sedans in their version of sport mode. I would make sure everything is functioning properly, because the Turbo S is PLENTY stiff.

You have to remember that the Panamera is a very large heavy car with a long wheel base. If you toss 4500 lbs around without even the slightest bit of body roll, then the car is going to feel like a brick hitting the pavement. No way I'd want the car stiffer.

One thing you could try, is getting adjustable end links, which will give you the option of lowering the car in all mods a bit, and would make the car feel a little stiffer and tighter. You'd probably get a bit less body roll *** well. It would be cheap, and its easily reversible. The jury is out on if it places addition stress and risk on the pasm system.
So I just ordered a 19 turbo today and it was based on the lack off PDCC cars out there. The only one in GT silver was a 17.

I drove the **** out of a sport suspension car and it lifted in rear and under steered badly no matter what the tests say.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:46 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

I have not driven a Gen 2, but I can tell you there is a huge difference in the Gen 1 between a car with it and a car without it. Its one reason I just waited and purchased a Turbo S.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:34 PM
ciaka
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 40 Posts

Getting back to OP question, 2011 Panamera turbo does have sway bar.
Makes car stiffer in corners, but if you are concerned about this you should be getting one with PDCC.
PDCC - Porshe Dynamic Chassis Control - is the ticket. It has hydraulically controlled motors that will actively force the chassis to remain level in turns.
Works great, huge difference from no PDCC.

Quick Reply: Turbo sway bars