Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

12' Panamera v6 base model died on highway today??

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 09:53 PM
darkhart
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12' Panamera v6 base model died on highway today??

Hello all, this is NOT the post I thought would be my first one here but yet it is. After months of researching and reading up on these machines I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a used 2012 v6 rear wheel drive base model with 73k on the clock, it had only had two owners and had always been serviced at a Porsche dealership. Well I go to Arlington TX to pick up the car and proceed on my 5hr drive back to Little Rock, AR and this car drove so lovely and smooth so needless to say I was grinning all the way at this point. About 285 miles into the trip back home I'm cruising along at 75 mph listening to the stereo when all of a sudden the A/C stops blowing then the car starts losing power when the accelerator was pressed, the display shows in red to "reduce speed" of which I had no choice to cause there was no power hardly so I quickly pull over to the side medium as the car is all but dead at this point and just as I come to a complete stop the car dies. I tried to restart it but it won't, it turns over and seems to have a almost rough start before quickly dying and I notice that the radio wouldn't work completely and had the message disable due to low voltage or something close. I know I'm WISHING but would a bad battery cause this type of issue with this vehicle???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.....Rick

Quick Reply: 12' Panamera v6 base model died on highway today??