Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Coming soon!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 11:43 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default The many hues of chalk

My baby offloaded in San Diego last Friday and just arrived at the dealership this morning! Signing the paperwork and they'll get to work on a couple of things I asked them to. So I probably won't be picking it up for a week.

She's beautiful! But already regretting: Didn't do model designation in black. Contrast would've looked awesome with the acid green contours and the (light) chalk background. I guess that's why some of you pore over every detail and make sure nothing gets overlooked, lol.

Last edited by lbcgolf; 07-27-2018 at 12:01 AM. Reason: changed the title
Old 07-20-2018, 12:18 AM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Very nice, Congrats! Good luck getting any sleep :-)
Old 07-20-2018, 03:13 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I have opted against Model Designation because on the sides you still get the "e-hybrd" in acid green even if you chose the black version. In fact if you opt for without model designation you still get the e-hybrid on the sides. Dealer said they will remove it prior to deliver.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:31 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The PORSCHE can just be replaced with black by your dealer. Lovely car.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:26 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Definitely replace them with black, its worth the money.

You could always paint them, a good mate owns a body shop so cost me nothing to do mine on my old car :

At that time black badges were not available.
I would have bought proper ones rather than painting if they had been available.

I like the colour of your car, the demo I had was the same, but looked great with black mirrors too - maybe get them painted in time ?
Old 07-20-2018, 05:28 AM
K777
Racer

And on the new car

Old 07-20-2018, 03:51 PM
ciaka
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 43 Posts

I like the white filled rims option. Hope did not cost too much extra.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:55 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Lovely! As you can see from my Avatar, our tastes are quite similar. I went with a black interior, though, because I eat and drink in the car and, well, "things" happen...

DMoore
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo
'18 911 GTS
Old 07-20-2018, 05:06 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Originally Posted by ciaka
I like the white filled rims option. Hope did not cost too much extra.
Ya, it's a b!tch how much Porsche charge for those! :P I don't so much care about whether the "P O R S C H E" is chrome or black. Just the model designations.

K777, thanks for the photos of the black badges on the white car. They don't seem as dramatic as they did on the midnight blue Turbo S I saw. So I'll probably leave them as is, for now. Didn't like the black mirrors when I put them up in the configurator. I know that against a light car, the black trim works as good accent pieces as Jon did on the other thread with black mirrors and door handles, but I like it a little less... so much so that I even went with the air intake blended in with chalk.

Thanks all! Gonna go complete the paperwork now.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:45 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

I ordered mine with black PORSCHE lettering in the back, but I didn't know you could do the same for the "Panamera 4" lettering; I'd have done that also if I'd known (it wasn't really clear on the online configurator, and my salesman didn't say anything about it). I'm just not big on chrome *anything*; I could do without any chrome at all inside and out. But I'm one of those people who actually *likes* the "acid" green outlines; I think it makes it stand out, and I don't find it tacky. The "e-hybrid" cursive letters aren't easy to read if you see them quickly and don't know what it says, but I don't mind it. I think it's neat to be driving a Porsche that has an electric motor, and it certainly draws more attention!

Old 07-20-2018, 06:58 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Originally Posted by DMoore
Lovely! As you can see from my Avatar, our tastes are quite similar. I went with a black interior, though, because I eat and drink in the car and, well, "things" happen...
Funny, I've basically been hovering over the dealership... infrequently at first, but a lot more over the last couple of weeks. They've had a chalk Turbo ST in their lot for the better part of I'd say at least 2 months? So everytime I poked my nose in there to find out the latest on my car's delivery date I would tell them I could take it off their hands for what I'm paying for my E-Hybrid, all you have to do is say "yes!" In jest, of course... but they wouldn't bite, lol.

I admit, the brown on the black/brown leather interior is a good shade lighter than it was on the configurator, but it could be the lighting... we'll see. All my P cars have a 2-tone leather. The "kidmobile" Cayenne is Luxor Beige/Black that I've had for 4 years, and it's held up ok with their abuse, so I'm not too worried about it.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:20 PM
rsyed
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Funny how tastes are different. Here the service adviser removing the e-hybrid from the side doors just prior to delivery this morning. Even with model deletion, e-hybrid badge is still there on the doors.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:19 AM
K777
Racer

Originally Posted by cometguy
I ordered mine with black PORSCHE lettering in the back, but I didn't know you could do the same for the "Panamera 4" lettering; I'd have done that also if I'd known (it wasn't really clear on the online configurator, and my salesman didn't say anything about it). I'm just not big on chrome *anything*; I could do without any chrome at all inside and out. But I'm one of those people who actually *likes* the "acid" green outlines; I think it makes it stand out, and I don't find it tacky. The "e-hybrid" cursive letters aren't easy to read if you see them quickly and don't know what it says, but I don't mind it. I think it's neat to be driving a Porsche that has an electric motor, and it certainly draws more attention!
Both me and my biz partner (both got more or less same car) were the same when we ordered our first hybrid cars, first thing we were going to do was paint the callipers ( there was no option back then), but in the end they grew on us and I like them a lot now. Actually lots of people with decent cars have said they are really nice against the black wheels.- Especially back in 2015 when they were fairly rare.
I also don't like chrome anything, to me its very much old car.

I would have ordered black P O R S C H E too, but didn't see it on the config when I ordered in July 2017, not sure it was there then.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:52 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Default Fun with chalk

Brought her home late yesterday afternoon. She's a looker, no question about that. Had fun with changing lighting conditions at sunset to see how different the chalk color looked. Spent like an hour and a half with SA going over umm.... some of the features, as it felt like we were just scratching the surface. Connected and fooled around with the Car Connect app, made sure that the embedded sim was working, as well as the sim for the hot spot. Didn't do much driving around as I live 5 minutes from the dealership. Weekend coming up, plus maybe road trip next week to put her through the paces.

I think it's adequately optioned, not too tech heavy... I suppose that's where you could quickly pile up on the price:

Chalk
Leather Interior in Black/Saddle Brown
Premium Package Plus
SportDesign Package
Air Outlet Grilles Painted
Sport Tailpipe in Black
21" SportDesign Wheels in Jet Black Metallic
Ambient Lighting
Storage Package
Power Sunblind for Rear Side Windows
120-volt Power Socket in Rear Luggage Compartment
Dark Walnut Interior Package

All for a tidy $133,390, which is a pauper compared to some of the E-Hybrid builds I've seen here, lol. Post arrival mods:

Xpel clear bra (full front, mirrors)
Painted stainless ring around the wheel black
Window tint

Would like to add some impressions so far... but I don't have many. Like WTF is up with the fact that the door for the plug-in pops open the old fashioned way while the fuel filler door has a switch you have to push in the driver-side door? Or why can't the mobile data service (embedded sim) that the PCM relies on for apps, Google maps, etc., can't be the same as the service the provides wifi? But I guess I'm beginning to understand the sentiments a lot of you long time and recent owners have expressed here... that despite the car's many faults, it's hard not to fall in love with it.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:00 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

very nice, the Chalk is a interesting color - enjoy!

Quick Reply: Coming soon!