Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Issue on Porsche Panamera e-hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 01:05 AM
mdoan88
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amphicar770
My 2014 hybrid had battery replaced under warranty in June.

Pure e-range is about 12 miles. Our Pacifica hybrid does 30-35..

Unless in traffic, I drive mostly in hybrid mode. That gives a nice balance between performance and overall mpg.

the biggest concern I have is that the Porsche batteries seem to have far less longevity than what you see in something like a Prius. While a Prius battery will last 150k+ miles and can be replaced for about $2,000, the Porsche battery lasts half that and is an astonishingly absurd $20,000 which is inexcusable.
hi. I am a new member here. I have my 2014 Panamera SE Hybrid sitting in a Porsche Dealership that need to replace the hybrid battery. Both dealership and porsche corporation said that my battery is out of warranty and they want 34K to replace it, which is ridiculous. Any advises?
Old 10-27-2021, 12:20 AM
Thinker
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did they give you the warranty information when you bought the car? If they did and it stated on there that it wasn't covered, then I'm afraid there's nothing you can do other than try buying it from a third party. The reason I ask if they gave you the warranty information is because I was never given that and was told my the salesperson that the battery would be covered under the Certified Preowned Warranty. Then at another date at the service department they told me it was only 8 years of warranty from the first purchased. When I called back to clarify, I was told it wasn't covered at all! I complained with Porsche Corporate. And since they didn't give me any warranty information, the only thing I have is what they told me when I bought the car. So if I ever have a problem with the hybrid battery, I plan on hiring an attorney.
Old 10-30-2021, 06:13 AM
Joegovette
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2016 Panamera SE Hybrid that just had the hybrid battery replaced by Porsche. I just got it back this week. I thought the warranty was 8 years or 100k on our cars hybrid battery. I was told out of pocket if it wasn't under warranty would be around $30,000.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:28 AM
amphicar770
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

Battery on my 2014 replaced under warranty in June.

Yes, 10x what it costs to replace equivalent size battery on a Prius or Leaf. That is criminal extortion and also defeats any environmental benefit as good cars will get scraped rather than fixed.
Old 11-06-2021, 07:24 AM
mdoan88
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amphicar770
Battery on my 2014 replaced under warranty in June.

Yes, 10x what it costs to replace equivalent size battery on a Prius or Leaf. That is criminal extortion and also defeats any environmental benefit as good cars will get scraped rather than fixed.
My car initial purchase date was 12/23/13, both Porsche Corporate and dealership said that the battery warranty was out last year. What year was your car first purchase day? How did you get them to replace it under warranty? My only chance for me get them to replace under warranty is if the car fails the EPA emission short test, Porsche said after I called in many time and complained. They even lied about my emission warranty was out last year and i do have paper work that shows it is still good until 12/23/21. I don’t know what I should do beside hiring a lawer now. 34K out of pocket to replace a battery is insane. Any advises please.

Old 11-06-2021, 10:14 PM
amphicar770
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by mdoan88
My car initial purchase date was 12/23/13, both Porsche Corporate and dealership said that the battery warranty was out last year. What year was your car first purchase day? How did you get them to replace it under warranty? My only chance for me get them to replace under warranty is if the car fails the EPA emission short test, Porsche said after I called in many time and complained. They even lied about my emission warranty was out last year and i do have paper work that shows it is still good until 12/23/21. I don’t know what I should do beside hiring a lawer now. 34K out of pocket to replace a battery is insane. Any advises please.
It was replaced under previous owner so not sure how approved. It is now CPO.

for a premium brand, Porsche does not really stand behind its products. IMS bearings a classic example. Would not be so bad if they did not then price gouge on replacement parts.

Quick Reply: Issue on Porsche Panamera e-hybrid