Panamera 2010-Current

Ambient Lighting - Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 03:06 PM
fbx
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ambient Lighting - Worth it?

Hello, I'm configuring a Panamera Turbo S E Hybrid and have some questions about the ambient lighting options. There are two options for ambient lighting: (1) Ambient Lighting for $500 and (2) Ambient Lighting incl. Interior Lighting Package for Rear Compartment for $860. The latter option includes "interior lighting package for rear compartment, comprising: reading lights in rear, storage compartment illumination in rear, and ambient lighting in rear overhead console and rear footwells." Does that mean if I get the car without the second option the rear seats won't have reading lights and the trunk won't have any illumination? Or does this just give me the option to change the color of those lights? Seems absurd on a $200k+ car that rear lights aren't standard.

Do you think it's a mistake to order the car without ambient lighting? Thanks for your input.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:47 PM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could be wrong, but I read that option as being just for the back seats and not pertaining to the hatch area - which undoubtedly has its own illumination standard. However, I think you may be correct on the overhead reading lights for the rear seats- they may be only available through the $860 package.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:29 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I have a 2018 Panamera 4 Sport Turismo E-Hybrid that I ordered; I did not get the ambient lighting. It has two very strong reading lights over each of the rear doors, which are each excellent for reading books or papers by the rear passengers. The trunk has two lights on the hatch that point downward into the compartment and the area immediately behind the car, which turn on when you open the hatch; there are also two good lights recessed into the side rear corners of the cargo area that point inward. I'm pretty sure you could read easily with those lights. I'm assuming that the non-Turismo car will have the same essential cargo-area lighting (my 2015 Panamera did, as I recall).
Old 06-07-2018, 02:23 AM
spadae22
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, worth it. Front and Rear. Should be standard, but they need the profit to pay the diesel gate bill

Last edited by spadae22; 06-07-2018 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Fix
Old 06-07-2018, 04:53 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes and no.

I like it, can alter the colour and brightness in various parts independently, so the large light in roof console, doors, footwells. but if your on a budget, spend on something else that is more beneficial or for the exterior looks.
I played around with mine for a week or so set it for Topaz all around and different percentages and not touched it since.

Quick Reply: Ambient Lighting - Worth it?