Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Is there a break in period?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Mubes
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a break in period?

Hi guys, I’ve read mixed thoughts on this. Is there a break in period for say the new Panamera? If so anyone know how many km it is for a break in period?
thanks
Old 05-06-2018, 12:44 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Mubes
Hi guys, I’ve read mixed thoughts on this. Is there a break in period for say the new Panamera? If so anyone know how many km it is for a break in period?
thanks
this is from http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...iving-Pleasure

Old 05-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Mubes
Intermediate

Got it thank you. It’s going to be tough to drive those 3k km and resist the urge to unleash the beast underneath

Last edited by Mubes; 05-06-2018 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Forgot
Old 05-06-2018, 06:12 PM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

You'd be surprised how high a speed you can get the car up to while staying under 4K RPM.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:47 PM
Mubes
Intermediate

The odd thing is that my dealer is telling me that there isn’t any break in period as they are already pre broken in prior to delivery. Only thing that needed break in time was hitting high speeds I think exceeding 180k/h

Anyone have any thoughts on this or suggestions?

Thank
Old 05-23-2018, 01:25 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Mubes
The odd thing is that my dealer is telling me that there isn’t any break in period as they are already pre broken in prior to delivery. Only thing that needed break in time was hitting high speeds I think exceeding 180k/h

Anyone have any thoughts on this or suggestions?

Thank
Yeah: I've found time and time again that I know way more about Panameras than any dealer does, and this was before I even owned one. And that's because I test-drove a lot of them, and I read online reviews and watched online video reviews and I read a lot on Rennlist written by owners, and I actually read most of the owners manual before I bought my first one, so see what I was getting into -- none of which most salesmen in dealerships do (I have asked them).
If the owner's manual, which is written by Porsche, says that their Panameras need to be broken in, it doesn't matter what the dealer says, or even a mechanic. Follow the manual if you care about your car; that goes for other things like what octane fuel you use, and how often you do oil changes and maintainance. I don't understand anybody who would say to ignore the manual. Why risk it, especially in such a high-cost, high-performance car?

Quick Reply: Is there a break in period?