Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Launch Control with US 2018 Panamera 4 e-hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 12:32 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mutiny22183

Sorry for the confusion. When I’m in e power mode, I can easily e launch the car (with e launch message displayed) as long as I don’t press the gas pedal pass the pressure point to activate the engine. No issues with e launch..just launch control.
Yea I've seen this as well and read about it. With "e-launch mode" and the message displayed the car should launch from 0-60 in 7.6 seconds with no ICE and with true "launch control" mode with the message displayed the car should be 0-60 in 4.4 seconds (ICE+BATTERY). I'll try to find where I read it last. But both modes should have displays that come up on the cluster.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:04 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Was mistaken, 0-60 in 5.7 seconds with e-launch

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2...CAD-03-10aaj8j
Old 04-20-2018, 05:32 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry for the confusion. When I’m in e power mode, I can easily e launch the car (with e launch message displayed) as long as I don’t press the gas pedal pass the pressure point to activate the engine. No issues with e launch..just launch control.
Thanks, I suppose its obvious ( ) , I will give it a try, albeit not next to a Tesla !
Old 04-28-2018, 06:24 PM
MrOhnoez
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah we had some weird issues trying to activate launch control on our Lot Turbo S E-Hybrid.
We eventually got it to work by just doing the same process over and over again...
Kinda funny it immediately worked as one of our salesman got out of the car.
It would launch hard every time we tried it but it definitely didn't have the electric assist.
we finally got a full fledged launch after about 10 minutes of driving.
Possibly something to do with the batteries being to a proper temperature?
Old 04-28-2018, 06:55 PM
mutiny22183
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrOhnoez
Yeah we had some weird issues trying to activate launch control on our Lot Turbo S E-Hybrid.
We eventually got it to work by just doing the same process over and over again...
Kinda funny it immediately worked as one of our salesman got out of the car.
It would launch hard every time we tried it but it definitely didn't have the electric assist.
we finally got a full fledged launch after about 10 minutes of driving.
Possibly something to do with the batteries being to a proper temperature?
Interesting. Did the "Launch Control Activated" message display on the dash? I could not get it to display after a few tries, but the car did launch. One thing I also noticed as mentioned in my previous post, when I have my left foot down on the break, and right foot hard on the gas, the engine would not rev higher than 3000 rpm. In all of the online launch control videos I've seen, the engine revs at ~5000 rpm before launch. What were your observations?

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2018, 07:17 PM
MrOhnoez
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

Interesting. Did the "Launch Control Activated" message display on the dash? I could not get it to display after a few tries, but the car did launch. One thing I also noticed as mentioned in my previous post, when I have my left foot down on the break, and right foot hard on the gas, the engine would not rev higher than 3000 rpm. In all of the online launch control videos I've seen, the engine revs at ~5000 rpm before launch. What were your observations?

Thanks!
Yes it did actually show. Even when not giving us the prompt it let us rev up to about 3.5k but wouldn't give us the message or the full fledged launch.
Once we got it, we did in fact have the message and the proper launch. Spun all 4 tires in 1st gear and even spun em a bit in 2nd on all seasons LOL
Pretty fun
Old 04-29-2018, 02:33 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MrOhnoez
Yes it did actually show. Even when not giving us the prompt it let us rev up to about 3.5k but wouldn't give us the message or the full fledged launch.
Once we got it, we did in fact have the message and the proper launch. Spun all 4 tires in 1st gear and even spun em a bit in 2nd on all seasons LOL
Pretty fun
At the LA Driving Experience we did E Launch and Full Sport + launch. For E-Launch you should have the "Boost Control" screen visible and you will see a grey circle (actually not a complete circle) with a line approximately at 2:00 on the dial. You hold the brake and push the pedal down until just before the line is reached and then you hold the gas pedal there and release the brake. You will then do a full force E Launch and remain in electric as long as you don't depress the gas pedal any further. Pretty impressive but nowhere near as impressive as the Sport + Launch.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:55 PM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Unless I did it wrong, it was a bit of a damp squib, and cant really see why I would use it or even the point of it, certainly not when sport+ launch is available - and does what you expect from a launch(fastest possible acceleration)
Old 10-17-2018, 07:07 PM
Carlover
2nd Gear

Default Same issue

I have tested also many times and couldn’t ger the launch control blue message, even after 30 min driving.
Even after 30 min drive, with warm engine, same issue: the car launch with 3k instead of 5k and without launch control msg.

I could have better launch manualy with 1st gear at 10km/h.

For those who succeed: how much charged was your battery?

Thanks.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:45 PM
paul29
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So much for gently breaking it in!!
Old 10-18-2018, 04:21 AM
Carlover
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by paul29
So much for gently breaking it in!!
my panamera has only 2800 km and more than 50% was electric powered, may be you are right: break in in progress and launch control will be possible one car computer will consider break in completed.

so let be gentle one more thousand km
Old 11-04-2018, 09:45 AM
blood4dracula
AutoX

Received 48 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a regular Turbo that I did European Delivery over the summer.
In Europe I did several launch controls with a blue message display.
A week ago I picked up the car at my local dealer US side. Yesterday I tried launch control, no message was displayed, it reved ~3k rpms and that was it. The launch clearly was much weaker.
I was told in Germany that once US side the car will be "preped" for US delivery which also includes some software updates.
I will reach out to the dealer Monday and try to figure this one out. If they crippled launch control for the US customers I will not be happy.

Quick Reply: Launch Control with US 2018 Panamera 4 e-hybrid?