Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera e-hybrid e-range ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 01:05 PM
gjessani
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panamera e-hybrid e-range ?

Now that Panamera-e-hybrids have started getting delivered, lets share what kind of e-range everyone is getting.

After battery fully charged I have been getting a range between 42 and 38.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:57 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by gjessani
Now that Panamera-e-hybrids have started getting delivered, lets share what kind of e-range everyone is getting.

That is by far the highest I have read from anyone on this forum!! Where are you located? Are you actually realizing that mileage or is that just what shows up after you fully charge it? Still waiting for CARB for my car.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:26 PM
gjessani
4th Gear

sorry forgot to mention those are kms - so miles would be around 24
Old 04-10-2018, 08:51 PM
NightHawk1520
AutoX

Originally Posted by gjessani

Depsite showing a range of 30 miles when fully charged, I've only been able to drive 27. And that's with the AC on blast and massage seats on.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:10 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha "only" 27 - that's great range!
Old 04-11-2018, 04:30 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

as posted in the other thread, I managed 48km before the car binged me and told me the battery was empty. Nevertheless, I kept on driving using the petrol engine in hybrid mode but every time I took the foot of the gas, the engine turned itself off and I seemed to be charging the battery. This meant that at low speeds, I could drive with the battery again even though I saw the bing message that the battery was empty... I ended up doing 78km in total before returning the car after my testdrive.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:14 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I found an interesting article on the Tesla Model S, regarding how temperature, AC, speed, etc., affect the mileage range of a full battery charge:

https://cleantechnica.com/2015/11/07...erature-speed/

It's very relevant to the E-Hybrid range, so I thought I'd share this with you guys.
Another Tesla owner wrote that he changed from 21-inch to 19-inch wheels and found a significant improvement in mileage range.
The following users liked this post:
MKC91 (02-20-2024)
Old 04-15-2018, 04:37 AM
Zetta
Racer

Received 304 Likes on 100 Posts

Old 04-17-2018, 02:17 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

I see that VW is coming out with a plug-in hybrid "crossover" (small SUV) next year, called the Cross Sport concept for now.
Interestingly, it has an 18-kWh battery capacity going to an electric motor for each axle, with stated all-electric range of 26 miles. Being in the VW family, I wonder if Porsche will soon upgrade its battery capacity from the current 14 kwH to 18 or 20 kWh in the next couple of years... That could give reasonable real-world all-electric ranges of 32-35 miles for the Panamera in summer-time temperatures, and make it even more useful for commuting purposes.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:30 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Bigger capacity good but also heating the batteries would make a big difference. This is apparently what the new i3 does, so although it uses a little power to heat them, the range is much improved/doesn't suffer in the winter.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:36 PM
P-Drooler
Track Day

Picking mine up this weekend, woo-hoo! What is the consensus on the recommended way to "break-in" the battery to maximize range? I think I saw advice that it should be fully run down and then fully-charged (repeat three times). Does it matter if that full recharge is done via power outlet or through the vehicle itself?
Old 04-19-2018, 06:00 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by P-Drooler
Picking mine up this weekend, woo-hoo! What is the consensus on the recommended way to "break-in" the battery to maximize range? I think I saw advice that it should be fully run down and then fully-charged (repeat three times). Does it matter if that full recharge is done via power outlet or through the vehicle itself?
I'm still waiting for notification my car has shipped from San Diego to my dealer in LA. I met with the Service General Manager at the top rated dealer for Porsche service in the Bay area a few months back to get his advice. Since I will be driving the car up from LA to Bay Area (about 400 miles) he told me to put it in E mode until battery runs down then switch to E-Charge until fully charged and keep doing that all for the entire 400 miles. He said that will fully condition the battery pack and also if there are any problems (since it has been sitting around since late June) they will most likely show up on the trip. I will also be driving non-aggressively and varying my speed somewhat. Probably take the coast road (Highway 1) where I can and then 101 for the rest of the way, so should not be a problem varying my speeds. Of course all of the above assumes I am fully satisfied with the condition of the car and the accommodations I'm expecting from the LA Dealership. If they don't meet my expectations then I will walk away and my car will be available for someone else to purchase.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:47 AM
Daniyal
2nd Gear

Default Porche warranty

Hello, i just bought a 2015 porsche panamera s ehybrid with 28k miles. At the moment i am getting 15-20km of electric range. I was wondering if i should buy warranty on the car. I am worried about the hybrid battery dieing. Can i get some advice?

Old 02-18-2024, 01:38 PM
cbwinters01
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello, if you can find a warranty that covers the hvb, and you plan on keeping the car for a while, i would buy that warranty. I currently get 11-12 miles range on my '16, but am also getting a cel code noting replacement of the hvb is needed. that is going to be a $20K-$30K bill when it happens...I'm going to drive this thing till it dies though (hoping that it hangs in there for a year+), before dropping the $ on a battery replacement.
The following users liked this post:
Daniyal (02-19-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 12:16 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Daniyal
Hello, i just bought a 2015 porsche panamera s ehybrid with 28k miles. At the moment i am getting 15-20km of electric range. I was wondering if i should buy warranty on the car. I am worried about the hybrid battery dieing. Can i get some advice?
15-20 km of electric-only range is about all you could get of of the S E-Hybrid new... very tiny traction battery... I doubt it has seen much battery degradation. I wouldn't worry about it, personally, and save your money. If the battery dies, cross that bridge when you get to it. I considered buying an S E-Hybrid some 6-7 years ago and decided not to because of its poor all-electric range (which doesn't help me with a 26-mile roundtrip work commute) and because of its RWD-only drivetrain. Just not practical for me (I ended up buying a special-order new 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid ST).
The following 2 users liked this post by cometguy:
Daniyal (02-20-2024), MKC91 (02-20-2024)

Quick Reply: Panamera e-hybrid e-range ?