Panamera 2010-Current

2018 Porsche Panamera 4S problem

Old 03-29-2018, 01:25 AM
Chunderstrukk
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2018 Porsche Panamera 4S problem

Hello,

Just curious if anyone has come across this same issue. Although I am being very nitpicky there is a small squeak noise that comes from the back right tire (I think but could be anywhere in the rear). It usually occurs between 40-60 MPH while releasing the accelerator. It isn't an overly loud noise but certainly noticeable when the radio is off. As the tires warm it seems to happen a bit more often and I am usually able to recreate the noise on demand.

2018 Panamera 4s approx. 400 miles
Pirelli P Zero tires

Thanks!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2018, 03:42 AM
crack3rd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chunderstrukk
Hello,

Just curious if anyone has come across this same issue. Although I am being very nitpicky there is a small squeak noise that comes from the back right tire (I think but could be anywhere in the rear). It usually occurs between 40-60 MPH while releasing the accelerator. It isn't an overly loud noise but certainly noticeable when the radio is off. As the tires warm it seems to happen a bit more often and I am usually able to recreate the noise on demand.

2018 Panamera 4s approx. 400 miles
Pirelli P Zero tires

Thanks!!!!!!!
I do hear some sound on mine but I'm not sure whether we are talking about the same noise. I brought mine in and they said its normal but I don't like to hear weird noises on a $150k car. So frustrating
Old 03-29-2018, 07:13 AM
porshuh
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I also have the same chirping noise from the rear when the car upshift. I think it's the transmission, the 8 speed pdk is a nightmare. It's jerky and shifts slower then the rental macan or even the rental a4, c300.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:38 AM
spadae22
7th Gear

Ok, noise is coming from rear cover nor seated. Remove, go for a drive. Squeak gone? As for,the PDK, i have zero issues. But I drive hard, so I have had milles. In sport or sport plus, yes the down shifts will bump, normal should not. Pound on that 4S, I bet those issues go away. I drive my father S550, and the PDK in normal is just as good in slow mode. 37mph in 5th? never felt it.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:03 PM
rrehder
3rd Gear

I have a 2017 Panamera 4S, no squeak noise.... however I have a real issue with a loud fuel injector noice coming from behind the dash. It starts at 1800 rpm and doesn't go away. Also the PDK is rally jerky. I have 8000 miles on the car and the dealer is now telling me this is normal.... Its horrible I would never buy this car.... in fact I'm going to dump it and get something else!!!! No help from Porsche, I called them and they are telling me this is normal.... for a $125k car this is stupid!
Old 04-04-2018, 08:57 PM
spadae22
7th Gear

I agree that is not normal. I drove a 2016 dec production 4S, no issues with PDK, mine is 2017 March, no issues. But i have heard similar isssues with later 2017 and 2018, 4S and Turbo. I did test drive a new 18 Turbo, no issues. But i have spoken to techs and problem has been repeated. A few had reprogrammig of the PDK. I would reach our to PCNA, as i wouuld be going nuts also.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:47 AM
crack3rd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rrehder
I have a 2017 Panamera 4S, no squeak noise.... however I have a real issue with a loud fuel injector noice coming from behind the dash. It starts at 1800 rpm and doesn't go away. Also the PDK is rally jerky. I have 8000 miles on the car and the dealer is now telling me this is normal.... Its horrible I would never buy this car.... in fact I'm going to dump it and get something else!!!! No help from Porsche, I called them and they are telling me this is normal.... for a $125k car this is stupid!
Finally, someone who hears the same noise as me! I've been telling that to my dealership but they don't seem to believe me! They even asked a technician to follow me to listen to the noise but the technician said he heard nothing. This has been making me go crazy. I don't hear any road noise but have been hearing a "clunk" sound behind the dash, especially when I'm accelerating

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 Porsche Panamera 4S problem