Panamera 2010-Current

Sports Exhaust - yay or nay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 12:47 PM
onetouch
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sports Exhaust - yay or nay?

Any opinion if the Sports Exhaust for the Panamera Turbo is actually worth it? Does it sound louder? I've been scouring for videos but can't seem to find any good comparisons of exhaust notes

I found a video here WITHOUT the sports exhaust and it doesn't sound that great.. any idea if the sports exhaust actually makes it sound that much better?

Old 03-22-2018, 01:07 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by onetouch
Any opinion if the Sports Exhaust for the Panamera Turbo is actually worth it? Does it sound louder? I've been scouring for videos but can't seem to find any good comparisons of exhaust notes

I found a video here WITHOUT the sports exhaust and it doesn't sound that great.. any idea if the sports exhaust actually makes it sound that much better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZgUYNHJ7TA&t=
I chose not to order it. Too much money just for sound; no performance benefits.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:27 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Can't say about Turbo which I would assume will be a different sound to my old SEH or even my new 4EH, but the difference for me from the standard exhaust in a S -E Hybrid, to the 4 E Hybrid sports exhaust is brilliant, and I was disappointed it wasn't even an option previously.

It sounds like a Porsche should now ( er, well, when the engines on ).
Old 03-24-2018, 04:50 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 275 Posts

Mind sharing cost, inc,using parts and labor?
Old 03-25-2018, 09:45 PM
Diamond Dog
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Its my favorite feature of my Panamera S and it was the my favorite mod on my Audi S 5
Old 03-28-2018, 02:45 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds friggen horrible.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:42 AM
theCayenne
Intermediate

I have it on my 16 Cayenne GTS. Didn't order of on my 18 Panamera.

Trending Topics

Old 03-29-2018, 02:22 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

My aftermarket exhaust sounds better, don't like the sound that exhaust makes. My AWE always gets compliments from the dealerships I bring it to and the techs.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:39 AM
.dee
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Don’t know what it’s worth in the states, but we pay about USD 6,000 in Aus.

In any case I have it, the car is way too quiet otherwise and you don’t get to hear the V8 noise coming through.

Wouldnt buy one without it...

Last edited by .dee; 03-30-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:47 AM
john rock
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Would not want the car if it did not have Sport exhaust. Get it I love mine, put on the custom setting for,it and no stop stare, turn it every time I get in. Burbles when car is in sport mode, love,the pulling and now slowing of the car sounds.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:45 PM
Just A GTS
Intermediate

It sounds amazing its a must have. After a while you get used to it and you'd want to modify it for even better umph when driving. Looking into get a xpipe resonator delete midpipe now.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:12 PM
john rock
Advanced

That is not sport or regular, sounds straight pipes, ruined that car.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:21 PM
FriscoTexasGuy
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Had an opportunity to finally hear the sports exhaust system in person today on a Panamera E-Hybrid. Not worth the additional $$ in my opinion as the exhaust sounds the same whether it is on or off. You be the judge.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:46 PM
john rock
Advanced

Not sure what was happening in this tape, but on a cold start the sound is on every Porsche very good in normal or any mode. After it warms the sound goes away in normal and sport exhaust I agree almost sounds like a cold start. You have to drive it for a while to really know how neat it is. I am just a turbo not an "E" so maybe some difference, I promise if you drive it for an hour you will not want to be without it. BTW no way to tell by just punching the engine like he did for you on the tape.

Of course your call, but give have them let you have a fair test so you can make up your mine.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:56 PM
FriscoTexasGuy
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by john rock
Not sure what was happening in this tape, but on a cold start the sound is on every Porsche very good in normal or any mode. After it warms the sound goes away in normal and sport exhaust I agree almost sounds like a cold start. You have to drive it for a while to really know how neat it is. I am just a turbo not an "E" so maybe some difference, I promise if you drive it for an hour you will not want to be without it. BTW no way to tell by just punching the engine like he did for you on the tape.

Of course your call, but give have them let you have a fair test so you can make up your mine.

Thanks for the input. I had a very small window to stop by the dealership to hear it in person. I will try to return to get a real test drive to experience it. Unfortunately, I have yet to find any decent videos to give me a better idea of the sound quality of the sports exhaust system. I have some time to decide since I will be placing a build for a 2019 in the next month or so.

Quick Reply: Sports Exhaust - yay or nay?