Panamera 2010-Current

S e-Hybrid Charging Gremlin

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 08:27 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 161 Posts
Default S e-Hybrid Charging Gremlin

We have a 2014 S e-Hybrid. Was a manager car at a dealer when we bought it at twelve months old and 10,000 miles on it. CPO car. We love it, but for the third time the engine has cranked (default is that the electric motor cranks) in the morning after charging overnight, and the car would not go into electric mode. Anybody else have or had this issue? Dealer can't seem to figure it out yet. Dealer asked us to have our electrician to check out the install (I called a different one to the one who installed it), and he said it was perfect....voltage right and grounded properly. Charger did once throw a code "480." Since then, we traded chargers, but the third time happened the other day, and the car just did not charge at all overnight. Getting a little frustrating.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:27 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Have I followed what you have said correctly - your questioning the charger or the "install" of a charger rather than the car ?

If the car was fully charged on the first occasion and would not start in electric, to me that says the charger is ok.
I would suspect the car.
We had 2 S -EH, and they seem to have a lot of criteria to allow drive on electric motor. We noticed a lot of times we felt the engine went on when it shouldn't.
One faulty one of our cars had, was the voltage output form one cell was 0.2v over the tolerance. ( memory might not be right but the output about 3.0v per cell ?), so the car wouldn't start or operate on electric.
But the car did at that time give a fault message saying Electric drive not available - but this was a warning not the message you get when there batteries run out of juice.

Why hasn't your dealer sent a case to Porsche DE ?
Has your dealer got a gold standard hybrid technician ?

Quick Reply: S e-Hybrid Charging Gremlin