Notices

Darkened the 971 turbo wheels

 
Old 03-25-2018, 03:24 PM
  #16  
rsyed
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 214
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

thanks for the pics
rsyed is offline  
Old 04-02-2018, 03:03 PM
  #17  
jtorrebl
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
jtorrebl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default





Looks much better in person. The gloss pops

Last edited by jtorrebl; 04-02-2018 at 10:28 PM.
jtorrebl is offline  
Old 04-11-2019, 04:47 PM
  #18  
speed77
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Did you just go to a local body shop to get the front bumpers painted? I'm looking to replace my orange ones and can't seem to find an aftermarket part...
speed77 is offline  
Old 04-11-2019, 05:38 PM
  #19  
pokingaround
User
 
pokingaround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 529
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jtorrebl View Post

Looks much better in person. The gloss pops
The wheels look so great! Am considering doing the same on/to my PTT ST. Mind telling me how much they charged you? I have a local guy and would like a comp before I ask him for a number. TIA!
pokingaround is offline  
Old 04-11-2019, 06:55 PM
  #20  
jtorrebl
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
jtorrebl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pokingaround View Post
The wheels look so great! Am considering doing the same on/to my PTT ST. Mind telling me how much they charged you? I have a local guy and would like a comp before I ask him for a number. TIA!
$200 per wheel through the Porsche dealer and directly
jtorrebl is offline  
Old 04-11-2019, 06:57 PM
  #21  
jtorrebl
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
jtorrebl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by speed77 View Post
Did you just go to a local body shop to get the front bumpers painted? I'm looking to replace my orange ones and can't seem to find an aftermarket part...
bumperplugs.com has them already painted. I plasti dip sprayed them black.
jtorrebl is offline  
Old 04-12-2019, 11:13 AM
  #22  
pokingaround
User
 
pokingaround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 529
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jtorrebl View Post
$200 per wheel through the Porsche dealer and directly
That's not all that bad for a dealer. Thanks. I'll ask mine...
pokingaround is offline  
Old 05-05-2019, 06:16 PM
  #23  
jtorrebl
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
jtorrebl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jtorrebl View Post
bumperplugs.com has them already painted. I plasti dip sprayed them black.
sorry I forgot, i glossy black wrapped my orange bumper reflectors l.
jtorrebl is offline  
Old 06-28-2019, 05:53 PM
  #24  
pokingaround
User
 
pokingaround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 529
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jtorrebl View Post
sorry I forgot, i glossy black wrapped my orange bumper reflectors l.
So you just pop them off, wrap them, and pop them back on? What product did you use to wrap them?
pokingaround is offline  
Old 06-28-2019, 08:05 PM
  #25  
jtorrebl
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
jtorrebl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pokingaround View Post
So you just pop them off, wrap them, and pop them back on? What product did you use to wrap them?
I took it to a wrapping place. They did it while on the car since I didnít know how to pop it off at the time. $40
jtorrebl is offline  
Old 07-08-2019, 03:15 PM
  #26  
pokingaround
User
 
pokingaround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 529
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jtorrebl View Post

Changed the center caps to glossy black now to better match my dark theme, but now decided to get my wheels painted glossy black by the dealer. Saw an older panamera 970 with black rims that were painted by the dealer. My dealer says it wonít affect the lease turn in since itís more desirable for their re sale
Originally Posted by jtorrebl View Post
I took it to a wrapping place. They did it while on the car since I didnít know how to pop it off at the time. $40
Late response to say thanks on wrapping the side markers. Question about the center caps - where did you get the black gloss ones? My dealer painted my wheels but left the center caps silver (ugh). I can't find them on Suncoast explicitly as 911 Turbo 21" style in gloss black. Does Porsche sell them?
pokingaround is offline  
Old 07-08-2019, 04:48 PM
  #27  
jtorrebl
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
jtorrebl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pokingaround View Post
Late response to say thanks on wrapping the side markers. Question about the center caps - where did you get the black gloss ones? My dealer painted my wheels but left the center caps silver (ugh). I can't find them on Suncoast explicitly as 911 Turbo 21" style in gloss black. Does Porsche sell them?
Ebay
suoer cheap knock offs but look oem. Just search under glossy black Porsche center caps to fit any Porsche except macan. And go for the gold crest not painted yellow ones
jtorrebl is offline  
Old 07-08-2019, 07:08 PM
  #28  
pokingaround
User
 
pokingaround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 529
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jtorrebl View Post
Ebay
suoer cheap knock offs but look oem. Just search under glossy black Porsche center caps to fit any Porsche except macan. And go for the gold crest not painted yellow ones
Wow hadn't thought of that, thanks!

EDIT: found a set for $80, thanks!

EDIT2: delivered, installed, detail on Monday, pix to follow

Last edited by pokingaround; 07-12-2019 at 04:01 PM.
pokingaround is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Darkened the 971 turbo wheels


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: