Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Check out the config any tips on options?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 05:46 PM
PP4EH
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out the config any tips on options?

Hi guys

New member long time reader.
First of all awesomme forum.

So i bit the bullet at ordered myself my first Porsche ever.

Its a June build, first week July delivery.

Take a look at the spec , i would really appreciate some input from you guys on options especially from the members who have first hand experience of the car.

Ile write out the options as they are in Swedish:

Carmine Red
Black Crayon interior
Sport Design package gloss
Model logo black
Memory package with anti dazzle side mirrors
LED matrix headlights black
Black rear lights
Park Assist with surround view
Panoramic sunroof
Black door handles
Black side mirrors
Black gloss window list
Power steering plus
Sport exhaust with black tips
21 inch gloss black wheels
4 zone climate control
Light package
Seat heating front seats
Porsche logo on headrests
Aluminum package
Bose surroundsound

The main things that are still up in the air which i would like to hear your take on are the following:

Should i go with a standard black car and have it wrapped in carmine red given the resale value and the added cost of the color?
Bose surroundsound worth it or is standard sound enough?
Power steering plus? dealer claims its worth it for the resale value and that nearly 90 % of the cars sold have it.

Happy for some feedback.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:17 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great.

Black calipers? Nice to show it's a hybrid but the black theme might look better.
Soft close doors - sounds crazy but probably use them every day - big heavy doors.
I have Bose and I wouldn't want a less powerful stereo - probably a resale thing also.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:09 AM
PP4EH
Track Day

Originally Posted by ajriches01
Looks great.

Black calipers? Nice to show it's a hybrid but the black theme might look better.
Soft close doors - sounds crazy but probably use them every day - big heavy doors.
I have Bose and I wouldn't want a less powerful stereo - probably a resale thing also.
well i really like the acid green makes it different.
Yeah ile try the doors at the dealers give it some thought.
yeah that's why I'm leaning towards bose..haven't heard the standard one yet.
listened to the burmester .. and god it's superb but the price is too steep.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:58 PM
PP4EH
Track Day

Originally Posted by asplund01
Love the Acid green! I'm swedish as well but live in New Jersey. Who are you dealing with? I might be able to help, got some connections back home. The doors are fine without soft close, I live daily without it. Get the BOSE, its worth it, if it was my money I'd even consider the Burmeister. I love the carmine red and sold a similar car recently. I don't think you have to worry about the resale value for the red but that's just my 5 cents. If you do decide to get a wrap instead go with Jet Black Metallic not the flat, HUGE difference. I would absolutely do the power steering plus, love it! I would do rear axle steering for an even better driving experience though. Don't forget Voice control, it's a no cost option here in the US. Storage package and retractable luggage cover is great too ($150 for the cover). I love the painted key, I know it's a lot of money but think it's worth it.

Let me know if you want any help with connections back in Sweden.
Wow that's nice I'm dealing with porsche center Gothenburg and fredrik.
do you have pictures of that carmine red car?
regarding the metallic black I can't stand the bluish hue the metal flakes have... I imagine the standard black is more black if you get me.?
the resale value on the red one well you know it's Sweden after all not the US where people are more comfortable with some thing eye catching.
voice control is a no cost option in Sweden aswell and I've ticked the storage package no cost aswell.
Ile give the retractable cover some serious thought.

I would really appreciate the connections.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:59 PM
crack3rd
Advanced

Originally Posted by asplund01
Love the Acid green! I'm swedish as well but live in New Jersey. Who are you dealing with? I might be able to help, got some connections back home. The doors are fine without soft close, I live daily without it. Get the BOSE, its worth it, if it was my money I'd even consider the Burmeister. I love the carmine red and sold a similar car recently. I don't think you have to worry about the resale value for the red but that's just my 5 cents. If you do decide to get a wrap instead go with Jet Black Metallic not the flat, HUGE difference. I would absolutely do the power steering plus, love it! I would do rear axle steering for an even better driving experience though. Don't forget Voice control, it's a no cost option here in the US. Storage package and retractable luggage cover is great too ($150 for the cover). I love the painted key, I know it's a lot of money but think it's worth it.

Let me know if you want any help with connections back in Sweden.
Agreed with the rear axle steering and the retractable luggage cover. I don't have it in my car and I regret not getting ordering it.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:46 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Rear wheel is not necessary IMO - it has a small turning circle anyway although of course improving on that is no bad thing.

As has been said, please do not go flat black as that really will impact upon resale. It shows every swirl mark, never mind actual scratches. Carmine red with black accents looks good, personally I think you need the contrast as too much red is...too much red.

Massage seats are relatively cheap for what you get. Not a necessity but definitely a wow factor. Alcantara roof is expensive but looks amazing.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:52 AM
gtr
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

I forgot to add the free voice control so you should add that for zero. cost. Heard it not good but better enable than get charge to enable it. Gotta love Porsche.

Quick Reply: Check out the config any tips on options?