Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Great Panamera non-dealer body work in NYC area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 12:11 PM
Marcello
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Panamera non-dealer body work in NYC area?

Morning all -- this is my first post so please excuse any breaches of etiquette and/or repetition of topic -- I have a 2012 Panamera Turbo (in amethyst, which can cause issuees) and it has a couple of scratches from abrasion against a low curb, and a slight brush against a van bumper, here and there, nothing crazy. The dealer quote for repaint and buffing only is $2400 -- this seems like a lot. Are there any good body shops around NYC that might be able to do this for less? Many thanks, appreciate it.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:17 PM
vkb123
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcello
Morning all -- this is my first post so please excuse any breaches of etiquette and/or repetition of topic -- I have a 2012 Panamera Turbo (in amethyst, which can cause issuees) and it has a couple of scratches from abrasion against a low curb, and a slight brush against a van bumper, here and there, nothing crazy. The dealer quote for repaint and buffing only is $2400 -- this seems like a lot. Are there any good body shops around NYC that might be able to do this for less? Many thanks, appreciate it.
Welcome! Can you feel the scratches/abrasions if your run your fingernail over them? If not, you can paint correct (polish) these out. In my opinion, always best to keep the factory paint unless no other choice. I learned how to paint correct last spring given my impromptu COVID “vacation”. Not difficult, just takes time and the right gear.

Post some pics and we’ll see if we can help.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:22 PM
lexhair
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

A.M. Collision in Tuckahoe.

Quick Reply: Great Panamera non-dealer body work in NYC area?