Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

In the market for a 2010-2012 S/4S...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 11:01 PM
Scott Kinnebrew
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In the market for a 2010-2012 S/4S...

I am in the market for a 2010 - 2012 Panamera S/4S. This is the obligatory ""what should I look for" thread, but with some additional focus.

1) Should I buy a car with air suspension if I can find one below 60k miles? I know there are some failures, but I am trying to get a little better grasp on how much they fail and if they are worth the additional maintenance concerns.

2) Has anyone done the paddle upgrade (either Champion or TechArt) to the MF steering wheel and what do you think?

3) Any other additional advice?

Thanks for reading and to anyone kind enough to respond.

Scott
Old 11-07-2017, 03:32 PM
pmichaelis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've owned a 4S since new, currently with 51,000 miles. It has air suspension along with other goodies and would highly recommend it. I had a chassis failure show several times currently and had the dealer check. They found a sticking control valve and replaced it. The bill came to $1300 of which I paid $500 because of an extended warranty. Other than that, no issues ..... one caveat, there is a recall AH08 in the works for camshaft screws. I would check on the status of that, my dealer hasn't received the pasts yet !
As for changing to a "paddle", why? I come from 4 other Porsche models and after a few days of driving the Panamera, I was adapted to its steering wheel version.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Scott Kinnebrew
Advanced

Why the paddles? Because the MF steering button shifters are awful. Not mention they go the wrong way. They get in the way and are cumbersome to use. If you like them, by all means keep them- but they are a problem, IMO.

Thanks for the reminder on the recall. I didn't realize that some dealers weren't even getting the parts in yet.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:14 PM
PHX 911
Official Rennlist Snake Slayer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here you go:
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...excellent.html

Has the optional factory steering wheel with the paddles you're looking for, too.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Scott Kinnebrew
Advanced

PHX,
It'll be probably about a month before I am ready to buy. I was really looking for Yachting Blue Metallic, but I like the options on your car and the fact that it's from another Rennlister helps immensely. So... I might hit you up again once I am closer to being able to write a check. Beautiful car.

Quick Reply: In the market for a 2010-2012 S/4S...