Panamera 2010-Current

Help starting 2011 Panamera S

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 08:03 AM
Shawn202003
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help starting 2011 Panamera S

Long story. Going to try to keep it short and to the point.
I recently fulfilled my 7 year dream of owning a 2011 Panamera S. However, I was only able to acquire this dream by purchasing it from a salvage auction at a discount rate.
The car appears to have hit a tree/pole head on, mashing everything in front of the engine bock into 1 pancake.
Here my question. The auction states that the car starts. However the battery was dead and unable to test until I got it home. I put it on the charger and revived some life into the battery, when turning the key on everything powered up. Radio worked fine for 30 seconds. Then a warning comes on saying “voltage protection Shutdown”. Then radio would shut down along with a few other functions but display still works.
Knowing there’s no coolant in the car I at least wanted to see if it would crank over so I see what happens when I try to start it. I get a single click from what sounds to be the upper right side of the engine.
Not knowing where to start I purchase a new battery to see if this is the corporate. Install new battery. The “voltage protection shutdown” goes away, but when I go to start it still just the single click.
Before I go dumping a bunch of money in this thing I would like to get some answers. Do these cars have safety precautions in place as not to start the car with out antifreeze? The transmission cooler was also smashed and has lost a good amount of fluid as well. Some of the wiring harness to the cooling system was smashed as well, but I’ve disconnected them to no avail.
I appreciate anyone’s time in helping me with this issue as any and all advice is helpful at this point. Even if it’s not what I want to hear.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:38 PM
HP41
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couple thoughts:
1. modern cars with multiple computers have a great deal of "code" in their ECU's. It's very tough to tell what is going on without a good scanner (needs to read Porsche specific codes.
2. Need to be checking for major 12V shorting / grounding issues before you put voltage back on.
3. Get a PDF of the factory service manual. It will help with knowing what all the harnesses are you are trying to decipher from the wreckage.

Chuck
'14 Panamera 4S
Old 11-01-2017, 06:17 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

7 year dream........sssssoooo you bought a nightmare .....wow ....good luck. an old adage the cheapest po you buy will be the most expensive po you ever own

Quick Reply: Help starting 2011 Panamera S