Panamera 2010-Current

Looking to order 2018 4S

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 09:29 PM
Vetteguy68
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to order 2018 4S

Hi - newb on this forum looking to buy the Mrs her first P-car.

1. What are ‘must’ options for the 4S? (Pragmatic, enjoyable, good for resale)

2. Any decent lease options or buy?

3. Any forum vendors who you recommend? Can a local dealer courtesy deliver?

look forward to learning from you all!
Old 10-29-2017, 12:57 PM
Vetteguy68
3rd Gear

I see this is an active forum ...
Old 10-29-2017, 04:34 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I have a 2018 Panamera 4 E Hybrid sitting at the San Diego port awaiting EPA and CARB certification. The 4S has already been approved so you won't have that problem. Here are some of the options I believe are "must have"in the order they show up on the options list:

1. Paint color - Personal preference. I opted for Chalk. Base colors are okay but not great.

2. Wheels - I definitely recommend the 21" wheels in your choice of color/style. I believe the 19" wheels look way too small on the Panamera. 20" better but 21" best. People worry about ride comfort with the 21" wheels but you will definitely want the air suspension option regardless of which wheel size you choose and the ride is excellent based on my test drives and numerous comments on this forum.

3. I opted for the full leather interior - the base leather really doesn't do this car justice.

4. The Premium Package Plus I believe is an excellent option. Includes seat heating front and rear and front seat ventilation, 14 way seats, soft close doors, Bose, LED headlights, and a few other very nice options.

5. I chose the Park Assist (front and rear) including the surround view as this is a large car with somewhat limited vision so very helpful when parking.

6. Same thing for Power Steering Plus.

7. I chose the 4 Zone Climate Control for functionality and it finishes off the rear console. Also chose the Ionizer as I have severe allergies.

8. I also chose the Adaptive Cruise Control for convenience and safety (actually will stop the car) but I didn't choose the Lane Keep Assist as I don't like the intrusive aspect and many on this forum who have it leave it turned off.

9. As I mentioned earlier you definitely want the Air Suspension (PASM) option. It came standard on my E-Hybrid but if it didn't I would have ordered it.

There are a number of other options I chose but the above are the ones I would consider to be "Must Have" per your original post. The Sport Chrono package (standard on my car) is a nice feature if you are going to drive the car aggressively. Sport exhaust is purely for sound so I didn't opt for it but again, this is personal taste. Same with massage seats, etc.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:48 PM
Jty421
Cruisin'

Just ordered a Sport Turismo 4S not too long ago scheduled to be deliver in January.

Must have options-

1. Premium Plus Package

2. Sport Package with sport exhaust

3. LED Matrix headlights

4. 21” Wheels
Old 10-29-2017, 11:48 PM
Vetteguy68
3rd Gear

Very helpful, thanks for the responses so far. Are the 20 inch wheels a compromise between ride quality and looks or is there no discernible difference vs the 21’s? Do they include locks that at least slow down a thief?
Old 10-30-2017, 01:16 AM
crack3rd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I got my 2018 Porsche Panamera 4s last month and I love the car! I agree mostly with what SaratogaLefty said. This is my first Porsche.

1) Premium Package Plus is one of the best options I added to my car. Love the soft close doors and comfort access.

2) Park Assist is really useful for a big car like this.

3) I have 21" inch wheels and I find the ride very comfortable.

4) Sports Package is a must. Like SaratogaLefty suggested. PASM and power steering plus is a good option and the sports package has real axle steering which helps me with the parallel parking for a big car like this. It also includes sports exhaust system. Whats not to love about the sports exhaust.

5) 4 zone climate is also a must. Hate the look that there's an empty area without the climate console.

6) Alcantara is a nice option too.

7) Burmester sound system is excellent if you are a music guy. I love the 3D surround System. I ordered one without trying and have no regret.

8) If you are in LA, you can also add Porsche Experience Center Delivery. They didn't have this option when I ordered my car.

I also added Assistance package instead of the Adaptive Cruise Control. It's an extra $2000+ for Night Vision Assist and Lane Keep Assist. I believe it will help with the resale value.

Things I wish I added to my car

1) PDLS+. It looks so much better than the normal PDLS.

2) PDCC with PTV+. Heard so much good things about it. Couldn't find a car that has this option so didn't add it but kind of regret it as I am unable to add it now.

Here's the link to my build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJQ9QB43

Hope this helps with your decision in buying the car.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:41 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saratoga and Crack have said it all (love how these are all essentials but I agree!).

We don't have these packages in the UK so hard to know what is included. The Sport Design Kit makes a number of subtle but important changes - in particular, makes the front end look more aggressive. Another "essential" to think about!
Old 10-31-2017, 12:28 AM
gtr
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Depending where you live don't forget to option all season tires. I went 20" because I like the Michelin all seasons which worked well on my Macan GTS.

Quick Reply: Looking to order 2018 4S