Panamera 2010-Current

New To Me: 2013 Panamera S Hybrid. Questions from a new Porsche owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 12:42 AM
OmbryAmbry
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New To Me: 2013 Panamera S Hybrid. Questions from a new Porsche owner

Loving the car, it's pretty much fully loaded. Came over from Mercedes. Few Questions:

1> Is it possible to "reset"/"reprogram" the transmission similar to my Mercedes? Even in Sport Plus mode I find the car bumping up to 5th gear while around 40mph. I'm using the thumb buttons but would like to train the car to better cater to my tastes.

2> 3 liter Audi engine, I'm guessing a ZF8 tranmission (not PDK, sadly. If anyone knows why they went with the 8 speed please let me know!). Are there any tunes available for me to wring a little more power out of this car?

3> Any way to change song track with the buttons on the steering wheel?

4> I notice my Aux BT sound/bass/treble settings seem to randomly set back to 0. Thoughts on how to make this permanent?

Test drove the Panamera against a Cayenne. Hands down the Panamera, all day.

Last edited by OmbryAmbry; 10-23-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:47 PM
OmbryAmbry
AutoX

Bump.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:58 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 117 Posts

Do you have more than one key, and do you have auto memory still enabled? If you have auto memory active (the manual suggests disabling it once you find your ideal settings) it will save whatever settings are active when locked with a key. If you have a second key and you use it to unlock the memory system will use whatever settings were stored in relation to that key.

The diamond button on the steering wheel can be programmed (using the MFD) as an advance button for the radio. It's only the newest models (2018+) that have more buttons for fwd/back.

The power that's present is the power you get. These are not dumbed-down vehicles. There have been a few tunes for some models, but the Hybrid isn't likely to have gotten much attention (yet?).

The transmission knows better than you. Porsche knows better than you. Whether that's true or not is largely irrelevant, as Porsche does as they see fit. You "get used to it".

Personally I greatly dislike how hybrid systems drive. The regenerative braking systems especially. I know why they operate that way... I just don't like it at all.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:20 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The newest models still don't let you scan back and forward from the steering wheel...maddening.

After a few months of driving mine, although the brakes are not the precision tools of Porsche standard, it feels good using the energy lost coasting down a hill to charge the battery versus wearing down brakepads. Then when you need to stop quickly, you don't feel the regeneration at all.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:54 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by ajriches01
The newest models still don't let you scan back and forward from the steering wheel...maddening.
Oh no, the +/- are just volume? Ugh, that's annoying.

But I suppose they had to change the wheels to allow controlling both MFD screens (the left used to control volume, push it to mute).

http://porscheownersmanuals.com/2017...ting-functions

I do miss the fwd/back functionality a previous Jeep had, with the buttons on the backside of the steering wheel. But then that didn't have paddle shifters.

Personally, I've never like the heated seat switch being tucked inside the lower spoke. More than once I've hit that switch while parking...
Old 11-07-2017, 04:30 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Generally the MFD screens are a bit of a waste. Repetition of the same information in different formats whereas one that controls the infotainment would actually be very useful...
Old 11-16-2017, 11:17 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 163 Posts

Have a 2014. Don't have those issues. You are correct about the transmission. Our only issue has been the failure of the car to go into e-power mode. First time they replaced a relay. The second time, they could not find out what it was. They are telling me that our 220 outlet might be producing lower voltage, thus heating the battery. My electrician says BS. The fans have never come on during charge, and the battery charges to a full charge. My business partner (he managed three Honda plants, and was the first person to run the BMW plant in SC) says that the problem is either on the car, or there is a communication problem between the charger and the car.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:44 PM
OmbryAmbry
AutoX

Solutions:

1> I put the gear selector into manual mode if I'm stuck in 50mph city traffic. Solves the issue more or less.

4> AUX, AUX/BT, iPod, etc all have different saved sound settings. I wasn't noticing that I chose iPod instead of AUX a few times, thus changing my audio settings.

Quick Reply: New To Me: 2013 Panamera S Hybrid. Questions from a new Porsche owner