Panamera 2010-Current

Water in Panamera. Please advise

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 04:06 PM
Whee6
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in Panamera. Please advise

2011 970 Turbo. When i open my trunk water falls out everywhere. The lights the 2 holes the side. Everywhere. In the last 3 years, ive been to 2 dealerships, 1 replacement Bose system, and 2 replacement PCM units. Thousands of dollars. They always told me they couldn't identify the cause. My most recent dealer repair was a complete replacement of the PCM because the car would randomly shut off all the time while driving. I got my car back, it rained and when i opened the trunk it was full of water. ive run a wire through 2 holes in the trunk that open up to the rear spoiler and its not clogged. Are there any other drain holes in the trunk that would drip into the battery/subwoofer area if clogged? So far my only solution to this problem is 3 beach towels in layers, 1 over battery, 1 over spare tire kit, and one that covers the entire trunk interior. Also in my gas fill area fills up with water everytime it rains... there is a small hole under the cap. Is it safe to declogg that with a wire? love Porsche's but can no longer trust the dealership. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-17-2017, 07:10 PM
hme
Intermediate

If I'm in your shoes, I would sell the car.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:15 PM
ricster1965
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

back in the day one guy got into the trunk while another tech watered the car as i would look with a flashlight.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:21 PM
robhamster
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I just went through something not quite as bad with my 2014 PTT. The holes underneath the spoiler were clogged with decaying leaf debris. I had to go in from the bottom of the trunk lid with a wire grabber device and clean it out. I then flushed with water to make sure it was draining properly. I suspect you have a similar problem and the water is backing up and getting into the car via the seal around the window.

I first noticed it when the motor would not lift the rear lid and then when I got it up, water came gushing out up near the top of the lid.
The following users liked this post:
Panfan4 (02-06-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 02:32 PM
Panfan4
1st Gear

Default Water in the trunk 2014 P4

Originally Posted by robhamster
I just went through something not quite as bad with my 2014 PTT. The holes underneath the spoiler were clogged with decaying leaf debris. I had to go in from the bottom of the trunk lid with a wire grabber device and clean it out. I then flushed with water to make sure it was draining properly. I suspect you have a similar problem and the water is backing up and getting into the car via the seal around the window.

I first noticed it when the motor would not lift the rear lid and then when I got it up, water came gushing out up near the top of the lid.
I had the same issue as the person posting the water going into the trunk, I haven’t got the car inspected as of today. So far the car is working fine, the only issue for now is that my tail lights won’t turn off, the spoiler won’t go up and occasionally the center brake light would stay on.
I drained all the water out and placed a fan in the trunk for a couple of hours. Still have the same issues.
i hope I don’t have to replace the ECU..

Quick Reply: Water in Panamera. Please advise