Panamera 2010-Current

Mystery wire...need help identifying

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 10:41 AM
Solid Stable
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mystery wire...need help identifying

Hello! I am almost finished with a complete tear down and rebuild of a 2010 Panamera turbo. The engine hydrolocked the number one cylinder, bent the connecting rod, destroyed the block, and needed severe and complete surgery. Two years later (side project) I am preparing to lift the rebuilt engine back into position.
When looking at my mounting space I found a wire hanging there, and although it had the connection for the other end (two wires plug together and can be unplugged by moving the clip) still plugged in, the wire for the other end was broken. I have searched high and low, and cannot identify where this wire goes or what is is for...so I turn to the gods of Rennlist!
In the picture I am showing you the wiring harness that is found inside the rear part of the front left wheel well. The blue circled wire would connect to the power steering "stabilizer valve block." The red circled wire is the mystery wire.
If anyone can tell me what that should be connected to, I can buy the (complete and unbroken) other half of this wire.
Thanks!https://rennlist.com/forums/images/smilies/beerchug.gif
Attached Images  
Old 09-26-2017, 12:45 PM
dudecs
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

Possibly be for the fluid level sensor at the bottom of the power steering (and PDCC) reservoir?

Quick Reply: Mystery wire...need help identifying