Panamera 2010-Current

New PTT Owner: Door unlocking issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 01:52 AM
Kiddkynetik
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New PTT Owner: Door unlocking issues

I recently acquired a 2010 Panamera Turbo. All I can say is it's drives amazingly and has such a different personality then my s550. However, I've been runnning into this random issue with the rear driver door. I have the Porsche entry & drive option and I have it set to unlock all the door when oh grab any of the handles. All the door unlock except the rear driver side. I also tried using the actually remote as well and same result. It seems like it isn't unlocking but I can't seem to know for sure. However, if I go through the inside, if I pop the door latch twice it will open. I did a quick search and someone mentioned they went to the dealer and it had something to do about the signal was not being received but that particular door. I'm not quite sure of that is how the mechanism works but I assume it might just be the unlocking latch or something like that. Has anyone had this issue and if they did, what did they or the vendor do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 09-02-2017, 01:03 PM
Xcellr8
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Door won't unlock

I'll chime in here to share your concern, but without a proven remedy. My driver door rarely unlocks using either the grab and go, or the remote. I assumed it was the lock actuator. I purchased a used actuator from a salvage yard, but have not installed it yet. Additionally, recently my car was at the dealership for the AH08 recall and the technician stated that the computer through a code for a failure in the sensor. I don't understand how the sensor could interfere with the remote signal.

They are booked out 2 weeks so I have not had this addressed yet. Let me know what you find out. I don't want to replace the actuator if that won't fix the problem.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 09-05-2017, 10:31 PM
Kiddkynetik
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Joe, definitely let me know how it all goes. I'm about to open the door from the inside and see what the issue might be. I'll follow up and let ya know what I find.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:35 AM
turbodogs02
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I seem to recall having a similar issue on my 2012 Cayenne S. Something about the relay on that door lock mechanism.....sorry, I'm just about to head to bed and I'm not totally remembering it, but I'll try and find my service paperwork and see if that's what it was.

I've got a 2013 Panamera GTS now, and so far so good in all departments!

Quick Reply: New PTT Owner: Door unlocking issues