Panamera 2010-Current

Painting Hubs

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 03:35 PM
NorthernMonkey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Hubs

Came across some posts on another forum a while ago talking about getting hubs painted. Was looking at mine this weekend and they come from factory in a kind of "primer grey" and I was thinking back to that thread and wondering what mine would look like in a different colour as the primer grey really doesn't match anything in that area of the car.

in the uk at least there seems to be plenty of folks (on all kinds of cars) using things like "hammerite smooth" to change the appearance of their hubs.

was wondering if anyone ever done this?

looking at mine quite fancy getting them repainted a matt black or maybe a dark grey (to match calliper) they'd stand out less then and show dirt less.
Attached Images  
Old 07-31-2017, 06:03 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

What you are looking at is the "hat" portion of the brake rotor. You can paint them if you want. It's pretty common practice in some form, given that if left bare it will get a layer of rust.

Whatever paint you use, just make sure its high-temp compatible (engine block paint, header paint, etc.)

-Andrew

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series

Quick Reply: Painting Hubs