Panamera 4 E-Hybrid ECU tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 04:25 PM
MAX_BTG
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panamera 4 E-Hybrid ECU tune

Hello,

I have a 2018 Porsche Panamera 4 e-hybrid on order, due for delivery early next year. After doing some research, I found out that the e-hybrid essentially uses the same 2.9 V6 petrol engine as the 4S. Their power output however are different as they deliver 330 and 440 horsepower respectively. Theoretically then, there should be room for improving the power output from the e-hybrid by 110 hp to 572 hp.

Anyone knows if this would be feasible in real life and if there already is a company that offers this kind of ECU tune? (I definitely didn't find one)

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2017, 04:35 PM
Yoeris
Advanced

A known company in Europe (BR Performance) is busy with ECU development for the e-hybrid, as the previous model was also tuneable I think it will be a matter of time before this will be possible.

For myself I am still in doubt if I would like to mess with the hybrid powertrain.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:23 PM
XT6Wagon
Intermediate

I was just going to post something to see if anyone knew the mechanical differences between the 2.9L in the 4S, E-Hybrid, and the Audi RS5. Its 450hp and 443ft-lbs in the Audi.

Also be good to know if the Panamera Turbo/Turbo S get a different 8spd DSG to handle the extra torque as I worry they might have made a lighter/cheaper version for the lower spec cars. Plenty of other car makers will use close to the same transmission but with internals specific to the torque capacity needed.

What it has hardware wise is going to dictate what a Tune can do for the E hybrid. I would love to have the same transmission as the Turbo S, and same engine as the 4S/RS5 as that means there isn't any restriction to tuning the engine up to those standards and no worry about the combined torque wrecking clutches in the gearbox.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:47 PM
pmichaelis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I suggest that you do some serious homework. I have a 2010 4S which shares the same basic engine with the 2010 turbo. I also have an information book that specifically states there are differences between those engines. The 4S version has several components that were scaled down including crankshaft journals and connecting rods. Seriously jazzing the HP could bring serious consequences, at least in my case!

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-Hybrid ECU tune