Notices

Bought my wife a new car - Audi S3

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 09:31 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,508 Likes on 2,828 Posts
Default Bought my wife a new car - Audi S3

It's a blast and she is absolutely in love.

The car is quick - zippy when in Dynamic mode, but there is an acre of lag if you catch it off boost. Acceleration is definitely there if you need it.

It's very tossable and really does have that go-kart feel. It's slow enough (relative to the Turbo) to let you feel like a hooligan without committing a felony.

The lag is pretty terrible, but the playful character makes up for it. It doesn't feel so serious as a Porsche -- I know this is crazy, but it's more fun to drive than my old GT4 around town. On a track, I'm absolutely certain that would not be true (the GT4 is just not suited for daily driving).

Interior is pretty spartan - it's like a more fashionable VW. Makes sense as this car is essentially a Golf R in drag. It doesn't feel like a WRX sh*tbox, but it's definitely not luxury. For a daily driver, that's not such a bad thing. Regardless, the doors shut solid and it feels very tight.

People looking for a daily driver, this is a nice option -- my wife wanted something cute and I wanted something fun. Mission accomplished.

Quick Reply: Bought my wife a new car - Audi S3